Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise

Gav rav

Hi all

Does anyone else suffer with this?

Seems to be getting worse on mine!

Cheers

Just cut down on the pulses Gav :lol:

Seriously though, have you checked for loose trim or shields?

Hi all

Does anyone else suffer with this?

Seems to be getting worse on mine!

Cheers

Best one ever taught to me Gavin in the context of momo cars...."familiarity breeds contempt...." Open all electric windows fully, wait 17 seconds, then close them all....wind noise gone...? Been there mate.

(JUST NOTICED WHERE YOU LIVE.....cut back on the 17 seconds timing....saves all that rain and singing getting in.....))

Big Kev

If it is getting worse...think what it will be like in a few months...you may have to wear ear defenders.

It is funny how noises appear to irritate or appear the longer you have a car...i bought my 2008 RAV and after having my old S Reg avensis it felt silent..but now i noticed a slight rattle or buzz from the sun roof part...it gets under your skin if you let it.

If it is getting worse...think what it will be like in a few months...you may have to wear ear defenders.

It is funny how noises appear to irritate or appear the longer you have a car...i bought my 2008 RAV and after having my old S Reg avensis it felt silent..but now i noticed a slight rattle or buzz from the sun roof part...it gets under your skin if you let it.

David....ah bet ye 10p it's coming from the central light console.....first warmer day it will go away....!

Big Kev

I did actually track it down to a metal plate inside the sunroof area...i think it is the plate that pops up when the sunroof is back...a quick fiddle with it and it disappears until the next time.

I did actually track it down to a metal plate inside the sunroof area...i think it is the plate that pops up when the sunroof is back...a quick fiddle with it and it disappears until the next time.

I can't recall for sure what car it was on (could have been the RAV4.2?) , but I had that kind of rattle from the sunroof wind deflector rattling when closed and I put a couple of those little floor protectors you stick on the bottom of a chair leg near the corners to act as a buffer.

I'll give that a try...it is definately that part that is making the noise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links