Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles On A Set Of Front Tyres?

The Cav

What sort of mileage is the norm for a set of front tyres on a 2.2 D4D Avensis Hatchback

I am expecting to get around 12000 miles on a mostly town driven car

The tyres are only budjet tyres (Diamondback) that were fitted by the dealer when i bought the car

They appear to have been Half decent tyres.... seem to grip ok.. not that im an expert

They apparently are supposed to be quite high up the scale for decent tyre wear

(According to the info i read about tyres.... and what all the info on the tyres means)

i get around 10-11 thousand, the bridgetone's that were on it originally lasted about 30k from new but since then its had cheapo ones on it, i'm on my 4th set including originals.... the rears have only been changed once

I get 20-25k on the front of my Tourer but they are Goodyears.

i get around 10-11 thousand, the bridgetone's that were on it originally lasted about 30k from new but since then its had cheapo ones on it, i'm on my 4th set including originals.... the rears have only been changed once

Hi Thanks for that info Pault38, I was considering budget tyres for mine but it seems the figures don't add up will stick to good tyres if they give around three times the mileage.

Hi Thanks for that info Pault38, I was considering budget tyres for mine but it seems the figures don't add up will stick to good tyres if they give around three times the mileage.

Not all "Budget tyres" are the same, my daughter runs a Honda Civic Type S and did 24k on the front £160 each Michelins, replaced them with £90 each Marangoni and these are now at 26k and just getting to the the wear indicators, they are very good in the dry and wet.

Just out of interest I have just fitted my Avensis with 4 brand new Kumho KU39 215/50/17 Y (186mph rated) rated tyres and the have transformed my car .... quieter, more responsive steering, hold the road better etc etc, these tyres have great reviews and I totally agree .... £350 for 4 fitted and balanced that's nearly half the price of the Goodyear NCT's that were on before.

Not everyone will agree but that's my thought's on budget tyres but ..... do some homework first don't just buy any old crap.

Pete.

used to have michelin savers on the front, did 50k on them.

The other thing to consider here is the potential impact on your fuel consumption - although this is less of a factor around town as your fuel consumption will be rubbish anyway. Cheap tyres squash more & increase your rolling resistance, increasing fuel consumption. I have stuck with bridgestones and changed the way I drive after destroying a pair of Dunlops in 9k miles (fitted when I bought it). Rotated front to reat etc gets 25k+ from a set and then I do the buy 3 get the 4th for free deal.

Running a couple of company Avensis, (2.0 and 2.2), I was lucky to get more than 10k on Bridgestones but now with my own 1.8 petrol Avensis I have a more relaxed form of driving - slower cornering, softer braking etc as I am now paying for repair and consumables and am on 20k+ on my current front Bridgestones.

I think its been said here before that the front tyres wear heavily on the t25. Up until july last year i lived in germany so went everywhere at warp factor 10 on the autobahn. I got some new cheap ones on the front in August, i had to have em done for it's first mot(have just checked and they are called infinity) have done 7k on them from new and there is 6mm left on the fronts. So i think having to slow down a little is going to help a lot

I've got a 2.2 Tourer as well and got 25k out of the front tyres - again, they were goodyears. Replaced them with Yokohama's as they were on offer. Seem to be going ok.

I also got them filled with Nitrogen - not sure if anyone else has any thoughts on this??

i think the nitrogen is a bit of a gimic isnt the air we breath already 70% nitrogen?

i get at least 20k out of budget tyres on my tr avensis (t25) fronts(17inch),i pay about 58 qiud each for them,i do get discount being a taxi but asked for the price of michelins just for a laugh,160 quid..........they are NOT a hundred pounds better

get from 9k to 10k on my fronts, have used maxxis , goodyear, accellera, vredestien . Its a taxi so its really hard life for them but still pretty disappointing .

I've fitted Dunlops all round last time and so far, about 10K miles in the thread seems 50% gone, so assume 20K miles. I wouldnt say I'm an altogether conservative driver. I did notice from my previous set of rubber that tyre noise was much higher than with these Dunlops fitted. I think it cost me around £290 fitted back then as well so not too bad.

9/10K seems quite low IMO. I would guess with a hard taxi life the suspension would have an effect on tyre wear.

I have a 54 plate T2 D4D. For the first 4 years I religiously replaced my tyres with the make they came with i.e. Bridgestones Turanza. On average I was achieving 28 - 32k, which was predominantly long motorway journeys. Fot the last 7 years I have been using budget tyres and was expecting to see a difference, I did'nt! And am still getting 28-32k evn on the budget tyres.

• 4 months later...

My company TR (2.0D tourer) is still on its original Michelins, recent 30k service indicated the fronts were on 4mm and the rears on 6mm. Prior to having this car I ran my own succession of Renault Laguna Auto's and would have been disappointed if I'd got less than 35-40k from the front tyres.

Agree with t-spiritpete about mid-range Kumho KU39's. I've never been convinced about budget tyres and although premium tyres may well work out better value in terms of mileage I can never bring myself to pay premium prices. Typical tight Scotsman!

can't believe some of the low milages on here... must be some track racing going on!.... my 2004 d-4d gave me 40k from some Avons... I was expecting more so got some Mitchelin savers (£80/ea).... already at 40k and still look like new!

I haven't touched the rear tyres... plenty on them ... had the car over 80k now

• 1 month later...

Air is 80% approx Nitrogen. There is no advantage in using pure Nitrogen, density about the same as air, moisture content lower than air but as soon as you top up the pressure you remove any possible gain. I am a science graduate but have a retail backgound and to be honest I would sell it if it was requested but I can see no reason to put it in.

Hi everyone! On my 2005 avensis I have Hankook Ventus Prime tyres.I used them on my previous 2003 avensis for 10k kms,and I have them on the 2005 avensis since oct last year,and done another 40k kms.Therer's one thing I do ROTATING THE TYRES.So,for every 10k kms,I do oil change AND rotating tyres.Front wheels go at rear and the rear go on the front across the side they were on the rear.

So,50k kms and still running,just pass the NCT recently.

I paid €260 for all 4,and extra €50 for wheel track.

You might ask about the hi mileage done over .....answer..TAXI