Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Help With My Passenger Side Mirror

furifo

It seems that somebody has clipped my passenger side mirror. There is no structural damage to the mirror at all but unfortunately the glass has fallen out and shattered :(

This is what my mirror looks like:

post-119334-0-88800400-1335474906_thumb.

Can anybody please help me in telling me how I would go about repairing this and what parts I would need? I'm hoping alls I need is the glass.

Car: Yaris mk2 (06+)

My mirror is just a standard electric mirror. It isn't heated.

Edit: I've also just checked the electric mirror controls. The square plate in the middle of the wing mirror moves just fine when I operate the controls from inside the car. I'm guessing/hoping that alls I need is a new sheet of glass.

I've seen some adhesive ones online. Are the adhesive ones the correct ones?

If you manage to get the correct size and shape mirror glass it is as simple as using strong bonding double sided tape to fasten the glass onto the grey coloured mounting frame shown in your picture

You must be careful to ensure that the replacement glass does not foul the shroud when you adjust it

If you are unable to get the correct size and shape online, your local Halfords or motoring shop should be able to supply one

Failing that, give Parts-King on here a PM to see if he can supply a replacement with a discount

Good Luck!

If you manage to get the correct size and shape mirror glass it is as simple as using strong bonding double sided tape to fasten the glass onto the grey coloured mounting frame shown in your picture

You must be careful to ensure that the replacement glass does not foul the shroud when you adjust it

If you are unable to get the correct size and shape online, your local Halfords or motoring shop should be able to supply one

Failing that, give Parts-King on here a PM to see if he can supply a replacement with a discount

Good Luck!

Thank you for the fast reply. So, what you are saying is that I do not need a new back plate? Just the glass will suffice?

Would this be suitable? http://tinyurl.com/c9zyyk9 or this http://tinyurl.com/cg2dxfc

You do need the back plate but in all honesty I would steer clear of the stick on type as they realy do look rubish imo! Bite the bullet and splash out on a genuine mirror,(approx £20) you'll be more pleased in the long run. Also by having the back plate to hand you can see how to remove a broken mirror which hasn't fallen out so keep it handy just in case.

All sorted. It turns out I did need a back plate afterall. I had the choice of ordering one online for around £25 or going straight to a Toyota dealership and buying one for £29. I chose the dealership as the extra £4 is worth it for the genuine part and the fact that I didn't have to wait days for delivery. My passenger side wing mirror looks all shiny and new now :)

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links