Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pads

niksr

just thought i would let you know that i have fitted mintex rear pads and it has stopped, all that rear brake dust

compared to the genuine toyota pads hope this helps :D

thanks. thinking of getting some for mine. where you buy them from?

I got the rear pads from my local parts supplier barumn auto parts . Just member there are a choice of 2 Bosch and some other name ! Also you will need a caliper wind back tool !

Ask them to order u in blueprint pads they are very high quality better than mintex which are very dusty .

Blue print are a good choice but they were a little bit more than mintex. It's nice to have clean wheels for more than 1 day!!

I am looking for new pads all round on my T180. The dust is pretty bad on whichever ones are fitted at the moment. They're starting to squeek and the discs are showing their age.

Has anyone in this thread changed their discs too? I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the front and rear discs to go along with new pads.

:driving:

I was suggested to go for MTEC discs and decided to choose them. Will be placing an order soon...

Blueprint discs and pads are the best quality without a doubt . Oe replacements parts

Thanks for this tips, I am looking forward and try to look at these pads.

. Oe replacements parts

I hate that phrase, one of the most overused phrases in the motor trade. It means they make brake parts for some manufacturers, but it is often overused to give the customer the feeling that their product is made and used by ALL manufacturers giving the feel that the manufacturer has endorsed it in some way. Just because they are OE suppliers DOES NOT mean the product you are buying has been through anything like the testing the original equipment would have done. I'm not saying Blueprint are rubbish, but the use of the phrase OE manufacturer is NOT a sign of quality for the particular part you are fitting

Kingo :thumbsup:

I always assumed it just means a roughly equiv. replacement for a part (As opposed to an improved part; e.g. OE replacement clutch vs heavy duty/racing clutch).

Quality generally doesn't come into it any further than the reputation of the mfg

. Oe replacements parts

oe replacement means its as good as quality if not better than original parts spec is adl blueprint not a recognised japanese part is it not . Think u will find I didn't say oe manufacture

I hate that phrase, one of the most overused phrases in the motor trade. It means they make brake parts for some manufacturers, but it is often overused to give the customer the feeling that their product is made and used by ALL manufacturers giving the feel that the manufacturer has endorsed it in some way. Just because they are OE suppliers DOES NOT mean the product you are buying has been through anything like the testing the original equipment would have done. I'm not saying Blueprint are rubbish, but the use of the phrase OE manufacturer is NOT a sign of quality for the particular part you are fitting

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i just fitted Pagid Brake Pads. I like um'. I find theres more bite to them than the originals(Bosch), especially when cold.

I Have pics if any one wants a tutorial up loaded. Will start another thrread if so. Dont want to hi-jack this one.

Regards

Yes, please, do that! I think many folks will find it useful :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a set of grooved n dimpled discs with Mintex pads all round about six months ago to my chipped T180 and have found them to be excellent unless you really push it hard. They still work well when pushed, they just tend to smell a bit!

I have noticed they sometimes squeak a bit reversing (lubed with nickel Neverseize grease so it isn't dry shims) and occasionally when coming to a very gentle stop after a fast run.

Reduced brake dust from stock pads by about 75% btw.

Was intending to swap them out for a set of EBC Ultimax eventually, but to be honest can't see the point now, the Mintex's work well.

Got them off eBay.

How much does it cost to get your discs and pads changed? Do they tend to clean the brake calipers during the change process?

I asked my Toyota dealer for a quote and it seems quite pricey to me. The explanation was that they clean the calipers, also clean everything else around and remove the rust. I guess they just want to get some extra because I'm bringing my own parts which I did not buy from them...