Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2.2 Sr180 Lindop Tuning Box

wellingbadboy

hi all. im a owner of the mentioned car and was thinking of getting one of those tuning boxes from Lindop. before i part with my hard earned cash can anyone advise me if they are any good. what kinda benefits i will get from it and what are the negs.

ive read some mixed reviews so far. thanks

i find it a smoother ride with a bit more torque and a gain of around 2-3mpg.

its 50/50 if i would buy again if i'm honest, its a lot of money for what i feel is a small gain.

it might be different for the 2.2. i have the 2.0 engine.

you have a 30 day money back guarantee so if you don't feel like its doing its job, return it before the 30 days are up.

let us know how you get on.

i see your point, alot of cash for little gains. i know the 2.2 is already punchy in standard form but the main issue for me is that its not going to destroy my engine after 6 months or a year down the line. thanks anyways

i read on another thread that it causes vibration at cruising at 50-60mph is that true?

They smooth out the torque curve and give you 70 nm of extra torque, that is significant, it wont ruin your engine either

Kingo :thumbsup:

thanks kingo. so in terms of bhp what kinda figures am i looking at. do you have any in stock new or used?

Dont forget that there are other good tuning boxes on the market that you could consider...

I have a speed buster box fitted brilliant piece of kit torquetronixs ni are the agent for them

the speed buster box is one expensive bit of kit. anymore ideas?

A Tunit box cost £485... But you can pick them up off eBay for around £100! Bargin

anymore info parts king on your tuning boxes?

STD Power 177 BHP (if you're lucky, Ive never seen that produced-ever) 200 BHP chipped

400 NM STD torque, 470 NM when chipped

The power is transformed, the torque curve is smoothed out across the whole power band

PM me if you need more info

Kingo :thumbsup:

PM sent Kingo. I look forward in your reply

I have a TDI Tuning Box fitted at £280. I get similar results as Sponge55, 2-3 more to the gallon & a good deal more torque. The results have been verified by a rolling road dyno & shown in another thread. It didn't change the power much at all, but it certainly shifts when you're overtaking ! My current MPG figure is 42.2 MPG (filling the tank & recording how many litres it took & the miles covered). Not bad really for the 2.2 D4-D, but poor compared to the 2.0 TDI 170bhp VAG engines which seem to get high 40's quite consistently.

I bought a box from Kingo for our T180, the box is certainly not a resistor in a case and worked very very well with a noticable increase in driveabilty and power with no warning light problems on the dash either. Unfortantly I bought this looking for an increase in MPG if driven the same which in our case we did not get (ours was bad by now with an average of 28-32mpg drove steady) so I returned this for a full refund which was given no problem and we got rid of the T180 around a month later due to shocking MPG.

My opinion if this is what you want then buy with confidence as you wont be disapointed with the results :) and the service was 1st class.

Kingo please inbox me for paypal addy for commision ;) lol

• 1 month later...

Fitted kingo/lindop box to my SR180....WOW!....what a difference, the car is lot more drive-able now with smoother power delivery through all gears at all revs and all throttle positions,

big up kingo :toast:

just ordered a lindop tuning box......hope all goes well?!