Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt86 Purchase Offer?

speedymurr

Are there any Toyota dealers out there seriously want to make me an offer to buy a GT86?

I'm looking to place an immediate order to purchase a manual GT86 in black leather and metallic paint. Purchased with either cash or HP.

I understand that the prices are fixed, so looking for a dealer to make me an offer to purchase in particular from them. If the offer sounds right, I'd be looking to place an order and put down a deposit.

I guess that they feel that for the moment they are going to be able to sell all that they can get at full price.

I guess that they feel that for the moment they are going to be able to sell all that they can get at full price.

Yes bit if so they're missing a trick. I understand that Toyota have issued instructions not to discount, but if ALL Toyota dealers offer ONLY the same price, how does a buyer choose between dealers? There has to be something else a dealer can offer (rather than discount on the RRP) to tempt a prospective customer to buy.

Right now I'm looking to place an order, but still looking for a dealer to convince me to place an order with them, rather than a competitor dealer.

I doubt that Toyota care which dealer you buy at as long as you buy 1 & demand will probably outstrip supply for a while.

I see that Subaru appear to be matching the Toyota pricing with their version whereas they were expected to be dearer.

Toyota may or not care. But individual franchised dealers should care. No order reduces their commercial targets like turn over, profit, sales numbers. But all to the benefit of a competitor Toyota dealer.

Of course sale of a new car to a dealer creates both brand loyalty to Toyota, but importantly for the dealer loyalty to them wrt servicing, parts, even repeat sales business.

And who wants to be the Toyota dealer xxx who has a potential customer say to friends and colleagues - I love my Toyota, but don't buy from xxx as they appear disinterested. I'd recommend yyy as they really helped me find a deal which was right.

I'm ready to place an order for a GT86 right now and forgetting RRP price, looking for that dealer who can offer that incentive to buy with them.

Too late - I've placed an order.

Can't wait for delivery now!

• 2 weeks later...

so did your plan work then by playing the dealer against each other?

btw, im not jealous at all.........

As above, what did the dealer you ordered from offer you in way of incentive(s)?

I got a reasonable part exchange value I'm happy with, plus first service free, plus full Toyota mats.

The thing is, I knew and stated that as no Toyota dealer is offering discounts and it's a car that will sell, it's a case of the individual dealer wanting my sale. After all, I'd already walked away from my local, with his 'take it or leave it' attitude to my business.

As I said, i'll be now going to this dealer for my first service. He's already offered a courtesy car when its in the workshop, so if the customer service is good, no reason to go back to my local dealer, and he gets repeat business on the back of good customer service.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links