Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coming Back To Avensis From Prius. Oil Burning Issues?

sjrainsford

Hi all.

I'm currently in the process of putting my 2007 Prius up for sale due to financial reasons and considering buying another Avensis, probably a 98 to 2002 sort of age range. It will be an estate and in bargain basement £1000 territory.

This generally puts me in range of the 7A and 3S engined models which I have no problems with buying as I know they're both great engines. There are a few VVTi models cropping up however. I know 1.8l VVTi models can suffer the oil burning issue, but can the 2.0l models too? If they do I'll just hunt down a decent none VVTi model.

As far as I know the 2L models are immune from the oil-burning issue so are probably a safer bet.

My beloved '91 1.8VVTi barely used any oil, so when someone ran into the side of me ans wrote it off I enthusiastically bought an 03 (~80k) in ignorance of this issue. It uses over 1L/1000miles but is otherwise fine and has just gone straight through an MOT, so I just hope it doesn't get any worse

Good luck.

2 ltr engines have been designed to have pistons cooling oil jet system -- that is why nothing to worry about.

regards / Igor

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies folks.

Will see how I get on in case I end up with a company car. However the Prius is up for sale now, and will be missed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links