Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm So Pretty, So Pretty.... Just Blue Everywhere. :)

DFish

Just like to say a big thanks to Tarquin (aka David) for helping finish off the project Blue and in installation of DRL's and interior light upgrade.

Fish

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• DFish

• craggle

• PaulWorthing

Just like to say a big thanks to Tarquin (aka David) for helping finish off the project Blue and in installation of DRL's and interior light upgrade.

Fish

Yes David is one of the good guys. He sorted my interior light a few months back and fitted the DRL's last week. I love both of them.

Um, pictures please???????

Yeah I wanna have DRL's so would love to see what they look like and if Tarquin fancies doing it to an Orange one . . . . ;-)

OK after some delay here's some pics. not great as it's only dusk, but you should get the idea. ;)

DRL'sDRL_Small.jpg

Interior boot lighting

Boot_Internal_Small.jpg

From the exterior

Boot_Exterior2_Small.jpg

Dash all blue'd up

Dash_Small.jpg

Steering Wheel

Wheel_Small.jpg

Start Button

Start_Small.jpg

Lastly the console.

Console2_Small.JPG

Fish

I like the rear boot lights

Lovely Dan. Where did you get that done?

David

Tarquin - have you ever put DRL's into the lower grill where the fog's would be if I had bought a 2?

Hi Paul

Do you mean in the grills between the round fogs? No I haven't only because Having fitted them in the top grills people have wanted the same But I think its just about finding a pair that fit nice and using the brackets that cone with them . The circuitry would be the same. I have sourced a very good unit that switches them on and off intelligently and has a 5 sec hang time when the engine is switched off and can detect when the engine is started to come on.. That is all solid state so no relays to tarnish or arc..I f you want some help, worthing isn't far and who can resist a day by the sea

David

Hi Paul

Of course there is the TAZ version which is a LED strip which emits the light on the edge of the LED's and goes around the edge of the head lamp lens but to get that neat you really have to take the front bumper off

David

Lovely Dan. Where did you get that done?

David

I somehow managed the centre console and TNS510, but was struggling with the rest until some superhero appeared to save the day. :)

Went out to vote tonight and found one of my bulbs wasnt working, quick check of the connections and all good. :)

Fish

If it was one of your HID's, I bet it was the one with the dodgy clip

David

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Hi Dan, love the boot lights :thumbsup: . How did you wire them up?

Garry :)

They are wired to the upgraded and more powerful interior light.

Fish

David,

If you ever plan that trip to Worthing could I be so bold as to tap you up for a blue overhaul ??

Beer tokens or something would of course be available ;)

Si

(Live about 5 miles along the coast in shoreham is all)

Tarquin - so what kinda prices are the DRL's that you have fitted (bearing in mind I have no DIY skills so you would need to factor in you fitting them too ;-) )

The DRL's are the Ring Diamond Ice units from Halfords or eBay (for the same versions a lot cheaper).

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165688

Then with this added for a technical reason which David understands and I dont.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260798015020?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Fish

So depending on the fitting costs - its not too many pennies then . .

Had the same issue again tonight, only one headlight working. As I have my dial set to auto lights, I though how about just turning them off to sidelights for 5 seconds then back on. Whoop it fixed it.

So from now on manual lights is the way forward.

Fish

Looking good Dan, Must sort out some rear, interior lights myself sometime.

If you do pop down to Worthing David let me know and I'll wander over and say hello too, I'm only 20 minutes away in Horsham and we could have a mini iQ meet, cruise along the Shorham seafront with stereo blasting! :D

Craig

Had the same issue again tonight, only one headlight working. As I have my dial set to auto lights, I though how about just turning them off to sidelights for 5 seconds then back on. Whoop it fixed it. So from now on manual lights is the way forward. Fish

I had HIDs on my last bike, now and then one would not work, but switching the lights off and back on seemed to work. Don't know if it is down to dodgy Ballasts or not?

I'm sure we can sort something out for you both Paul and Craig. My suggestion on the DRL' assuming you both want the same is to follow Dan's links and purchase the DRL's and Auto unit and when you have them let me know and we can make arrangements

Dan i had the same problem as you. One of the connectors from the original pink and white cable that originally fed the original bulb does not fit into the HID connector well and offers a high resistance. When you turn them off then on it kinda pulses through the high resistance for a short time but after a while the 12v drops bercause of the resistance and when it gets too low ( below 7v ) the lights go off because tje high voltage ftom the ballast unit doesnt produce enough voltage to strike an arc. So you have to "play" with the pins in the connector ubtill you get a good positive closure ( you will know when its good by the feel of it)

David

Cheers I'll have a play this afteroon, whilst busy at work. ;)

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links