Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

Hello everybody

I have a question regarding my car it was stopped for more than 6 weeks the Battery had discharge and because of that my TNS510 navigation system had stopped working and it is show a massage in the screen which is saying ( call the dealer ) so my question here is there any way to reset the TNS510 navigation system ?

MR IQ

SOORY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :)

Normally if the Battery has discharged all that happens is you loose things like your saved phone numbers and settings on the satnav like places you have been to before. When the Battery has been re- charged, and you turn the ignition on for the first time. The Tns 510 comes on and you see a blue progress line as the software re-loads. It is very important that you do not interupt this proccess untill it finishes. If for some reason you do by maybe keep trying to restart the car then it is likely that the software has become corrupt and you will have to take it to a dealer. Sorry for the bad news.

I dont think i could be without my iQ for 6 weeks. On another note my peugeot has sat out side for 3 months, got in it yesterday and it started first time. amazing!!

David

• Like 1

Yes if Tarquin doesn't know how to fix it, probably no one does. Best to take it back to the dealer as its asking.

The problem is my IQ I order it from france and in our toyota dealer they dont have this car.

I am from Kingdom of Bahrain in Middle East

Looks like the card is messed up.

Fish

Its not the memory card. If the card cannot be read it says "No SD Please insert map SD

This is corrupt operation system. Neads the firmware re- flashed

David

• Like 1

Maybe the dealer in France can send you a file to download to the SD card and you can re-flash the system? Just a thought.

Not sure the VW RNS510 and Toyota TNS510 are the same... the way to update TNS510 is to buy a new SD card with the map on it.

He has a corrupt operating system. Nothing to do with the map

David

Normally if the battery has discharged all that happens is you loose things like your saved phone numbers and settings on the satnav like places you have been to before. When the battery has been re- charged, and you turn the ignition on for the first time. The Tns 510 comes on and you see a blue progress line as the software re-loads. It is very important that you do not interupt this proccess untill it finishes. If for some reason you do by maybe keep trying to restart the car then it is likely that the software has become corrupt and you will have to take it to a dealer. Sorry for the bad news.

I dont think i could be without my iQ for 6 weeks. On another note my peugeot has sat out side for 3 months, got in it yesterday and it started first time. amazing!!

David

You will have to update this now David, now you know a bit more about and the problem you are having with the TNS350 with similar error message.

Having spoken to a few people including toyota. It would seem the message you are seeing can happen if 1, assuming it came with the car, it can sometimes be resolved by disconnecting the Battery for half an hour. No less it takes for ever to reset the ECU

2, it is looking increasing likely that if you have another TNS from another vehicle it has to be paired with your vehicle by the dealer ( they are looking into it for me) to stop stolen pnes being reused in other vehicles. Like the old days of 4 pin codes and lock out. My dealer has only fitted new units

David

Thank you all for your responses

David I disconnecting the Battery for half an hour and still got same problem

:dontgetit:

I have the same problem i am trying to fit a Tns 350 in place of the 510. Is your 510 the original one that came with the car? If so what condition happened to stop it working and bring up the message

Davis

Mr iQ

Your dealer must have other models that have the same tns510. Like prius verso. They could order one for one of those and replace yours

David

Mr David

Thank you for your interest with my case, the fact is, I bought my car from France and I don't have local warranty that is way I am looking for another solution where I fix the problem.

How did this problem start

David

Oh sorry i remember now

David

Some information about the Tns 510. When the car Battery is connected to the car the 510 receives a memory back-up voltage. When the ignition is turned on, the 510 looks at the SD card and looks at a file called loading.kiwi. This is the units application software and boots up the unit and starts a progress bar along the bottom of the screen. When its finished, it looks at the SD card again for map information. When the ignition is turned off, the memory live feed keeps the application in memory. When the ignition is switched on again, the application runs and checks the map in the SD card and it all works. I suspect that you either have a faulty Tns 510 or maybe the SD card is corrupt. I have a loading.kiwi file for the 510. All you have to do is drop it on a spare SD card and put it in the 510 and take the Battery off fot 10mins then re-connect it. Turn the ignition on and the 510 should boot up. When it gets to asking for the map you take out the kiwi SD card and put in the original card that came with the unit. If it doesnt work then i suggest you have a faulty tns 510. I have tested the file in my 510 and it works fine. If you want to try it pm me and i will give you a link to the file

David

• Like 2

Ohh David

Finally it's working brother

Thank u

Thank u

Thank u

• Like 2

Pleasure mate

David

Well done David, great stuff!

John

Good to see you're back up and working. :)

Fish