Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

Hi

That looks correct. I have just put the file on a 1gb Standard SD card and trsted it with just those plugs in and it boots up ok

Where dit theTns510 come from? Why is it not in your car? Maybe it is faulty

David

hello I have tested it on car and on table.

it's the same thing.

I tried with 4gb and 8gb it does not work ..

What is the history behind this Tns510. How do you know it is not faulty? Only use SD cards up to 4gb as the firmware in the 510 may not support it. The file i sent you has been used by many other people with succesd. I also have used it and rrcently tested it. You may have a faulty unit. Make sure you use a standard SD card not a high speed one or any other version. If you still have trouble consider buying a map card from eBay.

David

hello, thank you David for the temp you conssacré for me.

I think the radio station and down.

then I give up . thanks.

if any solution I'm interested ...

Hi

Where did you buy the Tns510. Did you ever see it working

David

Hello Doctor David

Reading the forum, I see that you are always so dinamic and clever.

A little question about mon IQ an my TNS350 (you remember....)

I am going to leave miss Iq in the garage for 1 month. Last year I have done same thing, but when I was back after 1 month, the level Battery was very low, and I have to charge it to start the engine.

This year I want to try an another solution:

Question is there a risk to disconnect the Battery during one month. Risk with the TNS?

Friendly Christian

Hi Christian good to hear you

You can disconnect the Battery for as long as you wish. The problem only arrises when reconnecting it when it is low or "flat".

Follow this procedure.

1, if you have an SD card in the TNS 350. Remove it.

2, Charge the car Battery so that its fully charged.

3, Disconnect the Battery again and put the SD card back in the TNS350

4, Reconnect the battery

5, turn the ignition on to first position (Don't start the car yet)

6, wait until the operating system loads from the SD card ( you can see the yellow progress bar on screen)

7, When it finishes, the TNS350 will spring back to life.

8, your now good to start the car

NOTE If you don't have a SD card and you disconnect the battery then will loose the operating system and you will need to put a file called Loading. Kwi onto a blank 4Gb or lower onto a SD card and follow the procedure above.

David

Hello david

Many thanks for your help.

I will follow your advices

David

I sent you a PM.

I have the same problem with my TSN50

Regards

Hi

Is your unit tns510 or Tns350

David

I also have the same issue

could u send me that all important mail ??

Hi

Is your unit tns510 or Tns350

David

tns510

Hi

If you pm me a email address that can take 23mb like a gmail account then i will send you the file

David

Very sorry David

Me again, I am going to disconnect my Battery on sunday for one month. I do not understand completly your explanation.

Is that correct?

I disconnect the Battery

One month later after having charge the Battery (if necessary) I take out the SD card

Then ?????????? I am not sure of what to do

I connect again the battery

I put back the SD card in the TNS

I switch on the contact without starting the engine and wait until the TNS start again???

Because last year when I have put my open roof, I have disconnect the battery. Not for a month, but just for 2 or 3 hours. And at this time no problem.

What you thik of that doctor?

Friendly

Xtian

Hi

That is about right if you disconnected the Battery for maybe 3 hrs to do your roof it was ok because your Battery was still fully charged and would have started your car with no problem and the Operating system on the SD card would not have been disturbed when loading back into the Tns. But if disconnected for a long time and the voltage is low and you try to start the car when the SD card is trying to load the operating system into the Tns, it corrupts the Loading.Kwi file. So its best to make sure the Battery is fully charged when loading the file into the Tns and not attemp to start the car when you do it.

Hope that makes sense

David

Pmd u David

Thanks john

Hi all ! I just got my iQ 2011 with the TNS510 sat-nav and I want to transplant my good audio components over to the iQ now that it will become my daily driver.

But I'm amazed how confusing this is. So apparently the TNS510 has no line-level outputs (non-amplified) that I can shove off to my amplifier. That's a huge problem because I'm reading a lot of complaints about the sound being mangled by the headunit through the built-in mediocre amplifiers.

But then I read the JBL Premium Sound option bypasses the TNS510's amplified outputs. So I looked at that specific amplifier (PZ490-I0230-02):

uE85p3v.jpgT8mDDbO.jpg

Those plugs look familiar:

wJ2v1fp.jpg

But they are slightly different. And what I can gather from the JBL install manual from toyota-tech.eu is that the cable assembly for the JBL amplifier plugs into the head-unit. It doesn't specifically show this (or I missed it) but how else is it getting the sound ?

According to page 24 of the "Manual Ref. no. AIM 002 008-1" for the JBL Premium Sound installation manual, it looks like the JBL cable assembly is connected to the original speaker cable assembly, not the head unit. But that way it doesn't have any audio signal.

Has anyone done, seen or know of this JBL installation and can confirm it somehow does get a line-level signal and possibly from what cable ? I'd want to know if it's possible to somehow find a line-level signal in the cable assembly or somehow get this through the JBL amplifier.

Otherwise I'd guess I could try soldering RCA jacks to the sat-nav's PCB just before the signal goes to the amplifier circuit.

Hi

Well there must be at least a line in because it can have the 6 Disc option player so there must be a line out

Have a look here. If it goes to the home page, choose connections then Toyota although i think it will go straight to it

http://www.thenomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/TOYOTA-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm

David

Thanks for the link ! But I'm afraid the connections that do look like the one on the TNS 510 seem to have no pins that will produce a line-level output, just speaker-level amplified ones. I'll guess I'll try with these first on my amplifier and see how the quality is.

Sorry for that. I didn't get time to look. I will keep trying. Did you see a line i as there must be one for the external 6 change CD player kit

David

From memory the whole output stage relies on 2 TDA monolithic chips. Its quite possible if not driven hard will give low THD ( total harmonic distortion). But its not the way to go.as you know when you switch it to camera mode it allows audio input via the 3.5mm jack on the front but not out. Will investigate

David Radio Broadcast Engineer

someone sent me this pic outlining the CD Changer Socket

David

post-109788-0-76476700-1437941980_thumb.

Thanks for the info ! What would leverage the most quality: turning up the gain on the amplifier, with a reduced range of volume from the head unit or keep it's range and adjust accordingly ? What I understand is that the THD is lowest at low volume but goes up at high volume. But if I use more gain on the amplifier to compensate, will this not also yield more distortion ?

I'm also contemplating on using 6.5" subwoofer Speakers in the rear instead of placing a subwoofer box somewhere. I have high quality 6.5" mid-range Speakers and 1" tweeters for the front, along with a decent amplifier. are just subwoofer Speakers without a housing something that is going to be of much use ?

Thanks for the link, hadn't found that info yet. Though archive.org I found a version of the page that has the pictures:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130108103843/http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?391532-Toyota-Radio-Information

But it confirms what I thought, it doesn't have a seperate "amplifier" connection. Just the amplified speaker lines. Oh well, I'll try with my setup I have first and see how it sounds :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links