Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

I tried with an android phone and now pairing is ok!

But Tns 510 is not working yet, when I pushed "tel" button the message is "service not available".

Maybe something went wrong with wiring connection...

I followed installation instructions (manual reference AIM 001 506-0) and sincerely it is not so clear!

At pag. 6 there is a list of items, and there is a couple of wires (B and C) that I didn't understand.

I already have a mike plugged in with previous bluetooth! (or not?)

Thanks for your courtesy

Francesco

Hi

Items B and C are:: B is a cable with 3 wires. Its used for speed signals and triggering a reversing camera should you decide to install one. C is the microphone and is usually placed near the steering cover with sticky pads. The block connector is connected in-line with the existing wiring harness. You can not use any other. When you buy a Tns 510 second hand from a damaged vehicle, the sellers cannot be bothered to remove the microphone or the speed cable. Which makes installation in another vehicle difficult. You need both of these items for it to work properly. The speed cable is available in the UK at around £20.the part number is on the Aim document but not sure where your going to find the microphone

David

I need to go to the BT media player on the TNS 510 and press "connect", then I need to go to the BT menu on my phone, activate the connection with the "Toyota" device even if it says "connected" and it will work in my situation. I need to do this with every drive I take.

Thank you David! :clap:

I found and ordered Items B and C on line from Germany. Than I'll try to understand how to connect them. :g:

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Bye

Francesco

I can only suggest to look at the installation for the Urban Cruizer snd keep looking at it and looking at it then remove the panels whereyou have to connect the 3 wires from the lead. After a while you will understand it. I have fitted it to my iQ but yours is different. You will be able to do it. The microphone just plugs in-line with tbe existing cable. I think its the one from the steering wheel controls. and sits on the cowling of the steering wheel with sticky pads.

David

HiDawid , please SD folders TNS 510 on my email adress : slawek-pionier@o2.pl. THX.

Hi will have to do it for you Monday now as not at home until then. Sorry

David

I have trouble with card reader too.

It is like no card insert but I have original card in slot. All other functions seems to be fine.

I read about David's magical folder and cards repair.

I like to try it myself.

Can you, David, sand your files to my mail too? (if it posible with some instructions) ... gregor.prezelj@kabelnet.net

Thank you a lot.

Now, after I dis.. and reconected accu. I got masage like Contact your dealer. Now even radio don't work.

My avensis is 2011.

Can you please help me with any file.

My e-mail is in uper poste.

help, help

Did you receive the file and info you can replace the Loading.Kwi file with the original one on your SD map card. They do get corrupt when you try to start the car with a flat Battery. It is always best to remove the SD card when you suspect the Battery is having problems. Copy your Loading.Kwi and keep it safe before overwriting it

David

No, I have not received that file.

I only have one which is uploaded in help topsics of this forum, but it doesn't work with me.

If someone have any other file, please, sand it to ma mail: gregor,prezelj@kabelnet.net

thanks

My guess the one you have downloaded from here will be the one i supplied which is from 2008. Its called Loading.Kwi. Do you know how to use it

David

1. I made a copy on blank 4gb sd card (fat32).

2. Disconect accu for 15 minutes.

3. Insert card into sd slot.

4. Conect accu

5. Turn the ignition key into first position.

... but nothing happend - only the same screen again...

Ok

This is a difficult decision for you then. Sorry but i get quite a few people contacting me. Did you say that you have an original Map card and if so what year is it. My thoughts are this. I think you said your original map card was not showing your map properly. Held in memory in your Tns510 would have been the Loading.Kwi file which is the Tns510 operating system. And is also the file you downloaded. Normally the file can be used on its own to put an operating system on the Tns510 if for instance you never had a card and the Battery was disconnected maybe by the dealer doing a service or yourself. Now it does depend on the firmware in the Tns510, if its newer than the data wiithin the Loading.Kwi file then it wont be reconized and you will see the screen you are seeing. But without a new map card you cant tell. First try your original map card and go through the put the card in and switch to first ignition position and see if it reconizes it method. If it does and loads the operating system but the map still doesnt work then the data on your map card is corrupt requiring a new one. If it doesnt work, it could mean the Loading.Kwi file on the card is corrupt (which is what normally happens). Would it be possible to go along to your Toyota dealer and explain that you disconnected the Battery and could they try a map card in your Tns510 to load the operating system again. They only have to put it in until the yellow progress bar completes then the radio and bluetooth will work again. And they can have their card back. Other than that you will have to risk buying a new card.

David

I have got download of loading file marked 6.1.2015, 20.662KB

I can't succes with this one equally

Do I have disconect accu for some time every time I try diferen loading files?

(I'm afraid thet I will have to buy a new unit on the end. Coud I be shure that it work if I buy it on eBay?)

I think that there is no way to bring my TNS back in life. Looks like card reader is not working.

Does anyone have any tutorial how do dismantle navi unit in avensis T27?

(And by the way - is any chance to obtain sd card slot and upload program anyway?)

Thanks for all the help you give.

Hi David here again

I am a Broadcast Radio engineer and have dissasembled the Tns510 quite a few times to change the amber Led's to blue. The SD card reader is bespoke to that model only and is a sealed unit. If you think yours is fauly, i doubt that taking it apart is going to help you as there is no obvious way of repairing the reader ( asuming the reader is faulty) you can quite easily look inside the Tns510 its a matter of removing a few screws and taking the top cover off

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David here again

I am a Broadcast Radio engineer and have dissasembled the Tns510 quite a few times to change the amber Led's to blue. The SD card reader is bespoke to that model only and is a sealed unit. If you think yours is fauly, i doubt that taking it apart is going to help you as there is no obvious way of repairing the reader ( asuming the reader is faulty) you can quite easily look inside the Tns510 its a matter of removing a few screws and taking the top cover off

David

Hi David,

i have a TNS 510 and am getting the error message problem loading files.

Please can you send me the files that seems to have been working for other members.

Could you kindly guide me on how to install and use the files

Kind regards and thanks for all your help and support.

This has been resolved with Loading.Kwi file sent with install instructions

David

Thanks for all.

I found out that sd part is foulty, but I didn't success to fix it.

I just bought another used one which work, I also got latest map card and I paid.

The problem is solved :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links