Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

I have brought from eBay a TNS350 like Tarquin, so my 510 will be up for sale.

There is a TNS410 navigation unit on eBay that fits the iQ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Tns410-Sat-Nav-System-Tom-Tom-/110902765256

I think it has a removable Tom Tom unit. I picked up a TNS350 from eBay that I will be using to replace my TNS510 with.

• 6 months later...

Hi David and Mr IQ,

What was finally the problem ?

Was David's solution the good one ?

Because I'm having the same problem on the brand new IQ i bought yesterday...

My Toyota dealer will, I hope, find a solution, but if I could do something avoiding me to wait for nearly one week...

Thanks in advance for your help !!

PS : does this problem occurs only on french IQs ? :-)

Hi Tomchot

Can you. Remind me of the problem your having

David

Hi David,

And thanks for answering. In fact, I have a message on my screen telling to go to my dealer (same as on page 1 on this subject) and nothing works on my TNS : no radio, nav ...

Here is what you answered at the time to Mr IQ :

Some information about the Tns 510. When the car battery is connected to the car the 510 receives a memory back-up voltage. When the ignition is turned on, the 510 looks at the SD card and looks at a file called loading.kiwi. This is the units application software and boots up the unit and starts a progress bar along the bottom of the screen. When its finished, it looks at the SD card again for map information. When the ignition is turned off, the memory live feed keeps the application in memory. When the ignition is switched on again, the application runs and checks the map in the SD card and it all works. I suspect that you either have a faulty Tns 510 or maybe the SD card is corrupt. I have a loading.kiwi file for the 510. All you have to do is drop it on a spare SD card and put it in the 510 and take the battery off fot 10mins then re-connect it. Turn the ignition on and the 510 should boot up. When it gets to asking for the map you take out the kiwi SD card and put in the original card that came with the unit. If it doesnt work then i suggest you have a faulty tns 510. I have tested the file in my 510 and it works fine. If you want to try it pm me and i will give you a link to the file

David

If you have any idea...thanks. Either, it s not a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Hi Thomas PM me and i will reply with my private email address and give you support

David

Thomas

Either the dealer has removed the map card in case it got stolen whilst on display, or forgotten to give it to you when you purchased the car. The "home made "SD card will get your satnav unit to work the radio and bluetooth etc but not the satnav as it requires the encrypted map data. The Dealer should supply the latest map card for your car when you bought it. Is there a SD card in the front of the Tns 510

david

Hi David,

just wanted to thank you once again.

I'm really impressed by the support you gave me by mail and the time you spent helping me.

Thanks again,

Thomas

• 7 months later...

Hi David,

I purchased Avensis 2009 model year. The previous owner lost the sd-card, and when he cut off the Battery, he did something wrong with tns510 and now the screen is the same mistake as in 4 posts of this forum. Can you give me anything to help?
Sorry for my English, I use google translator.
Demian

Hi Demian

I can send you a file to put on a blank SD card that will get the TNS510 working again It is a big file Can you private message me

David

• 3 months later...

Hi,

My car was jacked last weekend. The thugs vandalized my radio (TNS510) and took away the Mem card. I learnt through my local dealer that I need a software which he doesn't have.

Could you kindly help me with an image which I could write on an aftermarket card?

Thanks.

Mike

post-136321-0-24060800-1386398739_thumb.

• 3 months later...

I have exactly the same issue...... Help!

Ed

I'd just like to say, David is a life saver.....i thought i had bought a lemon!!!!...lol

He came round to me a sorted it for me in a flash!!!.....great service!!!! Thanks a bunch mate!

now has anyone got a sd card for europe or western europe they wanna sell me!!!!!?

• 2 months later...

Hi I wonder can you help me I have the same error message after changing the Battery on my avensis the tns510 shows 'a program cannot be read consult dealer' please can you help

Peter

I have contacted Peter on this one

David

Fantastic David is a lifesaver ,he gave me a call within 10mins of posting and with his advice I was able to get it fixed easily, thanks once again David

Peter

What would we all do without David? We would have very boring rides. My sincere appreciation is long overdue, but I guess it's never too late to say thankyou. .......I owe you.

Many thanks

Your all welcome

David

• 1 month later...

Hi David, Thanks for the help.

After quite a bit of troubleshooting you were my saving grace!!

Took less than 10 minutes to sort.

Once again thank you!!

Burnet

Your very welcome Burnet

David

• 3 weeks later...

David, i'm fairly new here and found this interesting thread.

I downloaded the latest Western Europe for the TNS510 and at first i did see a screen with a progression bar. But when that was done, the only message I get is that the SD card cannot be read.

I also tried with a second SD card with just the loading.wiki file on it (dated May 7 2010, 20.652 kb) but again, the card cannot be read.

I hope you can help me out as well, as you have been a life saver for many others here ;-)

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links