Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[T22] Cdt220 (1Cd-Ftv) Toyota Avensis And Obd2

CDT220

Hi all,

I was wondering, is the European T22 D4D (engine 1CD-FTV) model year 2002 Toyota Avensis OBD2 enabled? It has an OBD2 plug but when I hook it up to my ELM327 reader it says it can't connect to the car. I have the ABS light flashing most of the time when I turn the car on (the engine) with the ELM327 hooked up.

Thanks for your help,

looking forward to an answer on this one.... been looking to invest in an ELM device

• 3 years later...
Hello !

I have the same problem, when I plug my device BAFX Products 34t5 bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool to the OBDII port, same as you, the ABS light flashing most of the time...and of course, my android app status says that "the adapter CANNOT communicate ok with the vehicle", this is how it looks: http://s14.postimg.org/4xe2g6zq9/AVENSIS_OBDII.jpg

My problem goes beyond that, (I live in Central America to begin with...) a month ago I experienced hard to start when hot (the engine) and days after that a sudden and, now permanent lack of power with black smoke when RPM are above 2K, after a lot of time investigating about it over the internet, I found that could be the SCV (Suction Control Valves) of the fuel injection pump (I already cleaned the EGR valve, checked the turbo, etc, no luck) but I needed to confirm something over the ECU fault codes before I decide to spend over $250 + shipping to get this SCVs from the UK to Honduras, yes...Honduras...

Have you found a solution for your problem?

What do you think of my situation?

Thanks!

That type of tool will only work on 04/05 onwards for diesels and earlier for petrol models..The Toyota techstream tool works on it.you can get them on auction sites fairly cheap.and if you have a old windows xp laptop it runs from that.

Thanks a lot frankie406 !!!

About the lack of power and black smoke I mentioned above, any advice?

I read that certain models of Toyota fitted with the 2.0 D-4D engine can suffer with malfunctioning suction control valves (SCV), due to valve seat wear is a common problem, do you know something about it?

Hi all,

I was wondering, is the European T22 D4D (engine 1CD-FTV) model year 2002 Toyota Avensis OBD2 enabled? It has an OBD2 plug but when I hook it up to my ELM327 reader it says it can't connect to the car. I have the ABS light flashing most of the time when I turn the car on (the engine) with the ELM327 hooked up.

Thanks for your help,

Try obd auto doctor. It works fine!!!

Also i have a friend who has achieve work with torque but It Is like a secret how he did

Hello !

I have the same problem, when I plug my device BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool to the OBDII port, same as you, the ABS light flashing most of the time...and of course, my android app status says that "the adapter CANNOT communicate ok with the vehicle", this is how it looks: http://s14.postimg.org/4xe2g6zq9/AVENSIS_OBDII.jpg

My problem goes beyond that, (I live in Central America to begin with...) a month ago I experienced hard to start when hot (the engine) and days after that a sudden and, now permanent lack of power with black smoke when RPM are above 2K, after a lot of time investigating about it over the internet, I found that could be the SCV (Suction Control Valves) of the fuel injection pump (I already cleaned the EGR valve, checked the turbo, etc, no luck) but I needed to confirm something over the ECU fault codes before I decide to spend over $250 + shipping to get this SCVs from the UK to Honduras, yes...Honduras...

Thanks!

Hola, desconecta la mangera que llega a la mariposa de admisión y proba, en mi caso tenía los mismos síntomas y era el intercooler tapado!!!!

Tengo el mismo problema de arranque en caliente pero todavía no lo solucione

Hi all,

Thanks for your help,

Also i have a friend who has achieve work with torque but It Is like a secret how he did

Hello !

I have the same problem, when I plug my device BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool to the OBDII port, same as you, the ABS light flashing most of the time...and of course, my android app status says that "the adapter CANNOT communicate ok with the vehicle", this is how it looks: http://s14.postimg.org/4xe2g6zq9/AVENSIS_OBDII.jpg

Thanks!

Hola, desconecta la mangera que llega a la mariposa de admisión y proba, en mi caso tenía los mismos síntomas y era el intercooler tapado!!!!

Muchas gracias, voy a tomar tu consejo sobre el intercooler, esta semana estare corto de tiempo libre pero el sabado lo haré y les cuento que pasa... Lo del arranque en caliente, por lo que estuve leyendo, es un problema de las SCVs, puedes tratar de sacarlas tu mismo y las limpias con liquido limpiador de freno o de carburadores, eso si, quitandoles primero los empaques de goma con mucho cuidado para que no se dañen con estos quimicos... yo lo hice y ultimamente no esta presentando este problema.

Te dejo estos enlaces que yo utilizé para triangular dicho problema:

para conocer mas sobre la posible causa: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132277-basic-faqs-by-diesel-drivers-read-this/ ( especialmente la seccion "What is an SCV?")

para el reemplazo ( o en tu caso limpieza ): http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/87986-42-d4d-scv-valve-replacement/

Donde vives?

Saludos !

Hi all,

Thanks for your help,

Hello !

Thanks!

Muchas gracias, voy a tomar tu consejo sobre el intercooler, esta semana estare corto de tiempo libre pero el sabado lo haré y les cuento que pasa... Lo del arranque en caliente, por lo que estuve leyendo, es un problema de las SCVs, puedes tratar de sacarlas tu mismo y las limpias con liquido limpiador de freno o de carburadores, eso si, quitandoles primero los empaques de goma con mucho cuidado para que no se dañen con estos quimicos... yo lo hice y ultimamente no esta presentando este problema.

Te dejo estos enlaces que yo utilizé para triangular dicho problema:

para conocer mas sobre la posible causa: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132277-basic-faqs-by-diesel-drivers-read-this/ ( especialmente la seccion "What is an SCV?")

para el reemplazo ( o en tu caso limpieza ): http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/87986-42-d4d-scv-valve-replacement/

Donde vives?

Saludos !

Si yo las saqué, limpie, publique y cambie los oring pero sigo con el mismo problema. Soy de argentina. Date una vuelta por el foro club Toyota así podemos hablar en español sin molestar

Sorry guys

Like to know how your friend did it I've an elm and all the software for it an the elm would not speak to the obd ??

Like to know how your friend did it I've an elm and all the software for it an the elm would not speak to the obd ??

He Is a computer programmer i think...

Try with obd auto doctor, it works fine with my car, it's on Google play

Yip have that but it won't work on anything earlier than 04/05?don't know why?

Not exactly much help but the cheapy bluetooth adaptor works for me with the torque android app on an 03 Diesel, whilst plugged in however I sometimes get the airbag light on and the electronic power steering light too, have no idea why.. Hope you get yours sorted as I'm unsure what to suggest sorry!

For some reason it wouldn't work on mine.all the software and adopters nothing would work.but I already had the Toyota techstream anyway.

• 2 months later...
For some reason it wouldn't work on mine.all the software and adopters nothing would work.but I already had the Toyota techstream anyway.

I also bought the vci teachtream cable but the car (avensis t22 d4d) doesn't appear on the program list so I can't read engine error codes

• 2 years later...

For those still interested in a solution in 2018, I just bought a Vident iLink400 for 190 euro (universal OBD2 scan tool with an extra software module for Toyota included) and it works perfectly on my 2002 E12 Corolla D4D 90 hp (stationcar). It works on a basic level for all OBD2 vehicles, and more detailed for Toyota, thanks to the extra software module that was included. If I ever decide to buy a car of another brand, I can order extra brand specific detailed modules for around 60 dollar (or euro, not sure).
Thanks to the Vident i found out that my engine management light is caused by error code P1228 ("Fuel Pump System Malfunction - short"). I have to do some more research tomorrow but my guess is, that it's the SCV valves again, even thought I had them replaced 60.000 km ago. And it also showed a C1542 error (Vehicle Speed Signal) in the "EMPS". I did not even notice anything wrong with my speedometer yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links