Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Offset Question

aygoblue123

If I have wheels of 4x100 14x6.5 with and ET (offset) of 47mm would a set of 10mm spacers reduce the offset to the ideal 37mm??

Or am i going to have issues??

I know 4x100 15x6.5 with and offset of 37 are perfect

So if i had the same just 14" reducing the 47 to 37 with 10mm spacers be okay?

Hope this makes sense.

Bought some wheels with these specs so wondering if they are safe to use or to re-sell...

You will increase the load on the wheel bearings and maybe shorten their life and with the lower profile tyres handling will be "different" but apart from that no issues.

If you used the 10mm spacers you would have an offset of 57mm.

No, spacers would actually reduce the offset. But I wouldn't use them - puts all sorts of odd strains on the studs/bolts in a safety critical place. I suspect your insurance company might have a fit and refuse to cover you. *
The ET47 wheels will be OK to use IF they fit under the arches without rubbing. Check all the way lock to lock.

You will increase the load on the wheel bearings and maybe shorten their life and with the lower profile tyres handling will be "different" but apart from that no issues.

I'm also a bit concerned about putting smaller diameter wheels on (the OP seems to be going from 15" to 14"). To keep the speedo correctish you'd then need taller tyres which might look a bit rubbish - so everyone laughs at your nice new alloys :)

* Or they might just laugh all the way to the bank as they'd be able legally to refuse your claim :(

The standard alloys are 14" these will be 14" so no difference there, the tyres will not be low profile but the same height im pretty sure.

So see if they fit without spacers without rubbing?

or is it going to mess up my handling and tracking significantly by having a slightly different offset than original?