Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.3 Auto Intermittent Power Loss

f2raf

2000 1.3 Auto intermittently loses power for about 10 seconds before it kicks in but it's dangerous as I can be setting of from middle of a junction and it's just as of there is no acceleration for 5 to 10 secs before it kicks in. Problem usually occurs first thing when cold but doesbt seem to happen when car warms up Garage has checked on diagnostic, only fault is 02 sensor but they say this won't cause the problem & bring back when it gets worse. It was fully serviced few months ago at local. Have tried to google but closest I've come accross is EGR valves on diesels need cleaning but mine is petrol, try change fuel filter or air flow sensor??? Anyone had any similar issues? Know any fixes?

Also EML comes on intermittently but has been scanned at garage when light is on and again only 02 sensor fault showing which trusted garage is confident it won't be the problem

O2 sensor will cause this problem. I had it on a Clio a few years ago. I'd be driving along and suddenly lose power which would then come back a few seconds later. That was the first week after passing my test!!!!!!

O2 sensor will cause this problem. I had it on a Clio a few years ago. I'd be driving along and suddenly lose power which would then come back a few seconds later. That was the first week after passing my test!!!!!!

thank you, the garage is adamant its not the 02 ans i also took a second opinion from another mechanic who also suggested its not the 02 sensor. maybe i should replace it given that its showig a fault anyway

does anyone have any other ideas before i change the 02 sensor??

does anyone have any other ideas before i change the 02 sensor??

As it needs changing anyway I'd just do it.

If it doesn't sort your specific problem at least it's fixed the sensor and eliminated it as a direct cause of it.

If it does sort the problem you can start looking for a new garage/mechanic :)

• 2 years later...

Hi, I know this was 2 years ago but wondering if you solved the problem as I am having exact same trouble with my 2000 yaris auto and boy is it scary. My garage has had it for 5 weeks and experienced it a couple of times but can't seem to identify problem. Hope you can help.

• 1 year later...

Yes I did solve it,  it was the air flow sensor,  £15 second hand,  had the same problem again after 3 yrs and changed the sensor again £10 second hand of eBay,  fixed.  New one is £65