Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecu Reset

pasherp

can anyone tell me how to reset my ecu,i have been told this can be done by taking the negative lead of the Battery for 30 mins.I want to do this as the tick over has become very irratic and often stalls.My car is a 2.0 litre vvti auto with 50,000 on the clock from 2004

can anyone tell me how to reset my ecu,i have been told this can be done by taking the negative lead of the battery for 30 mins.I want to do this as the tick over has become very irratic and often stalls.My car is a 2.0 litre vvti auto with 50,000 on the clock from 2004

Hello again, yes just take the neg lead off for a while and it will reset the ecu, the only downside is that you have to retune your radio pre-sets but no worries about a radio code. If your problem doesn't clear get the MAF (mass airflow meter) cleaned with electrical cleaner but don't touch the fine wires in there just spray them. The MAF is just after the air filter housing, hopefully you will have changed the filter as this can cause your problem. After resetting take the car out for a good brisk drive and see how it goes when fully warmed up but be warned there are many things that can make the engine run erratic, at least what you are doing is the cheapest option.

Regards Pete.

Hi this paticular engine 1az fe is prone to idle low an intermittantly stall when the throttle body gets dirty .in order to rectify this you need to clean throttle body with carb cleaner and a rag then disconnect the batery(30 mins) to clear the learned values then reconnect bat then start and idle engine for 10 mins with no electrical loads switched on ie rear demister lights etc.try this could be your issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links