• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Dame

• Bibbs

• Jesus

Top Posters In This Topic

well... mine has prob gone due to my driving style and the extra torque the car is producing.

Have to go for a stage2 from fensport. Would have got it today... but bluddy bank holidays !!

On a thread I posted a week ago most told me you cant install a clutch wrongly..

Yes.. my driving is to blame.. Driving in 2nd gear in a 30 zone, revs up around 4k and then foot to the floor... you go to warp. Puts a smile on your face everytime.. oh and that roar from the engine/zorst.

I cant see how the clutch could be adjusted?

hey... we may have a dead clutch, but we have more fun driving... lol

ooh... and £400 bills for a new clutch... :(

Clutches can be adjusted, dont ask me how - but my local dealer did it til mine totally went...

Titto Posted on Apr 10 2004, 08:32 AM

Clutches can be adjusted, dont ask me how - but my local dealer did it til mine totally went... 

Sure they haven't just adjusted your clutch cable? Wont help woth it slipping but it will help give a new biting point. I cant see how or where a clutch can be adjusted :blink:

The clutch cables easy, just like adjusting your handbrake cable.

Dunno mate, im not technical - but they can do it to bikes too!!! Maybe they do change the biting point?? I just said can you make it last a bit longer? "yeah sure, no probs" - car came out and lasted for another few weeks before it started slipping again. This was about 3 months ago now - when i had to replace the whole lot for £400 inc fitting at my local toyota dealer.

seems its not just mine thats playing up at the moment then!! god dam punk ***** car!!! meant to be going drifting at silverstone tomorrow, but car is no fun to drive and cant get the clutch done till next week, ordered one from fensport, £120 ish delivered, mate wants £90 to fit it at a garage.

Jimlad, are you from round colchester/ipswich way? was it you i saw today in the red 2 on lexden road colchester at about 6pm, i was in the white one. :)

AFAIK, MR2 clutches are self adjusting. You can however adjust the cluth pedal freeplay, it is possible that the position of the pedal has moved to a point that you cannot get the clutch to engage properly.

When it comes to driving style I suppose it's the 'having fun' factor v the willingless of spending lots of money on replacing many clutches. Personally, I prefer the gentler driving, saving money on clutches approach.

wasn't me you seen mate. I'm in Scotland !!

My clutch is pi**ing me right off now. I can barely accelerate even slightly hard without it slipping. It's making overtaking people a right f*cker !!

As soon as Tuesday comes I'll be ordering a clutch from fensport. Hopefully I'll get it fitted next week also.

It's making driving the '2 not much fun at the mo' .

helix stage 2 clutch and fidanza flywheel ordered.

Should have them by the end of the week... woohooo... hard accelerating again !

I was going to get my clutch changed at a garage in Hull soon, £227 + VAT.

But yesterday I ran into an old friend who's going to take it on as a barrow job for the price of the clutch!

:thumbsup:

Should have them by the end of the week... woohooo... hard accelerating again

Aha...remember minimum 500 miles odd on running the %$(er in Jimlad :eek:

Jimlad, do you use your car on the track or drag strip much? Only reason I ask is that you will lose torque by reducing the inertia of the stock flywheel. You may be dissapointed after spending your hard earned cash on the flywheel. After all, it's torque, not power that you feel when accelerating.

If you use it on the track or drag strip, when you're permanently keeping the revs on the limit it may be what you're after. Obviously IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I've not come on here to upset anyone... just trying to help out. Save your money and put it towards the Border nose!

The only drag strip Jimlad has seen is his local 1 way system.. I know... been there... and my n/a pooed all over him.... no honest.

The only drag strip Jimlad has seen is his local 1 way system.. I know... been there... and my n/a pooed all over him.... no honest.

Yeah jappy that was the same day that diablo couldn't catch me :D :D

mowahahahaha...

you wait 'till he reads what you put!

No honest.... he was the one that posted on here that he couldnt keep up with me round town.. the conclusion was that the n/a was a bit smoother on pull off and he had too much power...

Oh and it could have been the fact that I have had my MR2 for nearly 2 years and its all new to him.

oih muppet head... you been drinking again ??

It was the case of the roads were damp and I was taking it easy. Remember I nearly spun out at the fountain ??

Get your but up here and I'll whip it on the one way system... and when we get to the double lanes you'll see me zooming past. :D

To test if you have a slipping clutch , but it in 2nd gear with handbrake fully on and release clutch and if doesnt stall straightt away you need a new clutch!

Like I do!! :crybaby:

I defo need a new one. It's slipping like a bugger and whenever I get out the car I can smell it. Not pleasant.... poooh !

Jimlad, do you use your car on the track or drag strip much? Only reason I ask is that you will lose torque by reducing the inertia of the stock flywheel. You may be dissapointed after spending your hard earned cash on the flywheel. After all, it's torque, not power that you feel when accelerating.

If you use it on the track or drag strip, when you're permanently keeping the revs on the limit it may be what you're after. Obviously IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I've not come on here to upset anyone... just trying to help out. Save your money and put it towards the Border nose!

seriously??......

mmm.... bibbs... you're the only person on here I know with the light weight flywheel... did you find this was the case ??

I got the flywheel done with a huge list of other mods .. so I have no point to compare ..

Exhaust, de-cat, flywheel, clutch, filter ..

Then saw a 220 -> 250 bhp hike ..

I wanted to take as much weight off the engine as I could .. more free revving, and it makes it more efficient .. like lighter pulleys ..