Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stiffen E11 Suspension

baird

Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a 99 silver corolla se, great going car except it can handle like a boat sometimes i.e. body roll and all the rest of it. Anybody any tips on how I could stiffen up the suspension or reduce body roll. I'm not looking to turn her into a real bucket thats as hard of the road just to stiffen her up a bit. Being a young guy, naturally, im poor. :) so value for money is a must.

Thanks

Alan

Hi,

Many folk think shockers are good until they leak or fall apart, the do in fact reduce in efficency graduallly, so after 5/6 years they are quiet weak.

Fitting new standard shockers will give a good improvement, go for sportier versions if you want a stiffer ride.

When you renew them try comparing the resistance of old and new units, you will be surprised.

The MacP struts are still a diy job to replace with the proper tools, without them you could cripple yourself trying !

Usually quiet reasonable fitted prices at the 'fast' garages if you shop around.

As above - if you could, it would be worth getting some lowering springs to go with the stiffened shocks, but I would not recommend upgrading the springs alone! uprated springs + shocks = good combo!

you could also add a strut brace to reduce roll

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links