Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Toyota Yaris Subwoofer Connection

Robyn blackburn

ok well i have an 1999 toyota yaris gs model and i am looking at buying a under seat subwoofer.

the subs i might be getting is either the BEAT BSW8ACT or the KENWOOD KSC- SW01 they both have built in amps. any way i was wandering who can i go to to fit it to my cd unit, it already has upgraded Speakers and tweeters. or how i can fit it myself without doing much work on the car.

i also dont want to much money fitting it. please help if possible.

thanks

R.Blackburn

The BEAT BSW8ACT is the one I would go for because it's a rebadged FOCAL BUS25. To see how to connect it up, why not download the PDF installation amnaul from the FOCAL website. Basically you need power and ground, plus speaker level audio.

thankyou i think my car already has all of that in it already i will try to post a pic of the wires that are just lying around in the car from the last owner.

hi there , i just fitted an amp under the driver seat in me 2000 e11 corolla 2day,

what u need is a amp wiring kit u can pick 1 up from most car shops or eBay, u will get a small blue wire a big red cable and a short medium black or brown cable, you have to put the red cable to the possitive Battery terminal to the 12v spot on the amp, the black/brown short cable earths to the boddy of the car anywhere u find possible, and the thin blue wire is the remote which turns amp on when u turn on the car and off when its turned off, u connect the blue wire to a blue and white coloured wire which u will find leading into ur aftermarket stereo,den u splice the blue and white wire and wrap the blue wire around the spliced wire. then u need a rca cable its comes in the amp wiring kit sumtimes nd connect it to the back of the stereo and into the amp , den simple connect Speakers if desired , heres sum images of mine its tidyer now

wont let me post images sorry

its ok i know what u mean, does that mean i have to take the front of my car dash apart to get to all of the wires underneath it?

• 1 month later...

on a yaris you only {depending on year } have to take speedo cover and heater controls to get at the radio {factory fit} also two screws under the heater knobs two under the ashtray when tray is out four screws for the unit to come away :euro: I got a pioneer set up with spacesaver sub in boot from pioneer already preamped