Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Exhaust - Help!

Corrolla18

Howdy,

Not long back I posted about suppliers for custom exhausts in Inverness. Well my exhaust has gone now with an inch gap between flange and back box. Sounded ace but needs sorting. anyone know if a T sport aftermarket exhaust would fit the mid section flange as a temporary solution.

Cheers

Well guys and gals I have solved both problems found a decent exhaust faber in Elgin so booked in there to have a complete custom system fitted on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the input...

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, more on the exhaust saga. I have now had my exhaust fabed up and fitted looks amazing - will get pic's up. However in a moment of madness and to maybe free up ponies I opted for straight pipes, as in no silencer and larger bore pipework. trims are not much bigger than standard. will get it back in again to place a larger mid silencer so as not to ruin the look at the rear.

My question is this with no rear silencer does anyone know if this could cause any type of aditional engine wear or potential faults.

Cheers

Nick

Howdy, more on the exhaust saga. I have now had my exhaust fabed up and fitted looks amazing - will get pic's up. However in a moment of madness and to maybe free up ponies I opted for straight pipes, as in no silencer and larger bore pipework. trims are not much bigger than standard. will get it back in again to place a larger mid silencer so as not to ruin the look at the rear.

My question is this with no rear silencer does anyone know if this could cause any type of aditional engine wear or potential faults.

Cheers

Nick

the only problem i can think of with having no rear silencer is reducing the back pressure, this affects some engines more than others, and isnt specifically a problem you might notice slightly lower MPG or it could improve it, i only know with the 1.8 vvc engine in rovers that they perform better with standard back pressure as opposed to removing silencers/cats, could be the polar opposite with your engine.

TL:DR i wouldnt worry tbh

Cheers for that mate. Yeah I thought along those lines I know that in some instances a lack of back pressure can burn valve seats but I figured with my motor being forced induction this would not pose a problem. Just have to see how it goes and hope I don't get pulled for the noise in the meantime.