Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioner Drain Pipe, Where Is It Located?

rajivrattna

I was applying sound proofing sheets to the passenger footwell floor and noticed that the original insulation blanket under passenger footwell carpet was wet. I suspect that there is a AC condensation water leak here since the water was very clean, no smell and there was only a small puddle underneath the carpet. The rubber hose that leads from the airconditioner drain pan to the out side of the car must be blocked, but where is it? Could some one please tell me how I can expose this hose so that I can unblock it. My car is a left hand drive Aygo, from year 2008. Toyota yaris has also been plagued with this problem..

Hi Rajiv.

Unsure about LHD Aygos but I presume they're all the same.

On my RHD Aygo, The Air-con drain pipe is to the left of my clutch pedal.

So on your car, look in the RH side footwell, behind the centre console, you can see the heater unit.

On the RH side of this unit is a white lever which operates the hot / cold setting.

(Move the hot / cold lever and you will see it move).

The air-con drain pipe is forward of that white lever. You may have to push the carpet about a bit to find it.

Ian.

Thanks Unklian,

It was easily located and was placed exactly where you said it would be. It was just next to the front end of the centre console in the left (passenger side in my car) footwell. The tube was easily removed from the evaporator tray. I then poked a metal wire in to the rubber pipe and saw that it was free. The wire actually came out of the rubber tube on the engine side of the firewall. The rubber tube projects out by 2,5 cm out of the firewall and can be seen easily on opening the car bonnet.

So that was not the reason for the water ingress. The search continues. Can it be the door sealent (rubber gasket) that is the problem. "It would not be an Aygo without some water leakage"! :)

Could also be the windscreen seal or leaks from the ventilation system. As with the aircon there may be drains from the plenum under the intake grille which have got blocked (possible as various cruds can get in there). A schematic of the system would help with finding out :)

Hi,

My wifes' Aygo is to be picked up tomorrow after having all 4 door seals replaced. This is after the high level brake light, boot stops and rear bumper vents had been replaced. The dealer also told me that there has been a bulletin for potential water ingress from speaker seals?

Anyway, these have been replaced too. Here is hoping to a dry Aygo from now on!

I had a leaking Aygo as well ( very well documented on here) in the foot well, thay have added thicker seals to the upper doors,and an extra rubber stripping as water was entering when it rained! Still cant understand how a new car can leak!

Still cant understand how a new car can leak!

That's easy - poor design and/or poor assembly. :)

• 7 years later...

This conversation has been useful. My aircon is leaking into the car on the LHD (passenger side here) so just have to find it a my leisure. Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links