Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Stone Chips

Adam C

Hi all, just thought I'd see if the Yaris is a common car for stone chips on the windscreens.

Mine certainly is, it's almost like the one stone a car infront chucks up is targeting my screen! Had the menders (insurance sent out National Windscreens each time until the last which was Auto Windscreens) out no fewer than five times - twice they had two to repair. The silver 56 reg T3 I owned for 15 months prior to my TR never picked up a chip, neither did the Starlet I drove first, just this one seems unlucky.

Anyone else got any experience of picking up these annoying blighters? Have any of you needed a new 'screen completely?

No chips on my Yaris TR windscreen. You must have just been unlucky.

Hopefully some idiot won't drive past me and send any stones in my direction :P

Me neither! Are you tailgating people? 2 second gap!? :lol:

But seriously, is it on a certain stretch of road? If so, might be worth reporting it to the local council.

windscreen chips are not only caused by stones etc coming off vehicles driving infront of you..

Had a screen damaged by a lorry travelling in the opposite direction. i saw the large stone bouncing along behind a lorry. the stone then changed lanes .had no chance of avoiding it.

Bonnet also damaged as the stone bounced off it before hitting screen.

Well there was a road leading to my former girlfriend's home village that was resurfaced with Durham County Council's favoured outside-of-Durham asphalt treatment - spray stones onto sticky tar. Worst idea ever! Got a few chips from that. I do keep my distance though so must be unlucky. Also the A184 heading into Gateshead was breaking up and . . yep, a stone hit the 'screen.

I see what you mean acetip, I believe my first stone chip came from a lorry that was a few seconds up the road but I couldn't see it coming, also the chip was behind the interior mirror.