Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Rattle With Full Throttle

BB88

Hello,

I seem to be getting a rattle noise in Gears 4 and 5, not sure about 3, whenever I press all the way down on the throttle.

If I press gently, about 30% then I hear nothing. It seems to happen in speeds 50-70 MPH, 70+ MPH seems fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben

Could be pinking, or pre-ignition.

In the old days it was caused by running on fuel of low octane or faulty timing of the ignition.

The ecu controls that these days.

• 8 months later...

I have exactly the same thing.

my car also seems to suffer from a bit of pre-ignition knock at part throttle sometimes.

I also have a noisy clunky clutch so it could be either?

Hello,

I seem to be getting a rattle noise in Gears 4 and 5, not sure about 3, whenever I press all the way down on the throttle.

If I press gently, about 30% then I hear nothing. It seems to happen in speeds 50-70 MPH, 70+ MPH seems fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben

How old is your aygo? getting similar problems on my new 2012

Mines an 06 and has just clocked over 100,000 miles.

it also suffers from piston slap. i bought it nearly 3 years ago with 62,000 on the clock, it had very minor piston slap then but only on the coldest days, now its all the time, it is also using about 1/2 litre of oil every 2/3 months.

Im now on the look out for a new engine but not sure how much its going to cost to get fitted?

Hello,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben

How old is your aygo? getting similar problems on my new 2012

Mine is an 07 plate, with only 33k on the clock!

Mine's had that from new. Didn't think it was an issue, seems it might be. Annoys me though.

And my 2012 has flat spots all through the gear and rev range; again, been like that from zero miles to today (4000) miles

I assumed that its the Variable valve timing. At about 65 on mine the engine not changes and started buzzing almost, then past this it goes away. Never caused me any issues

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links