Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Genuine Toyota Coolant Diluted

PuervesGrundy

The story is, I lent my car to my brother earlier on and it ran low on coolant while he was driving. A few months ago, I had the system flushed and genuine new stuff put in from the dealer. Today he topped it up with distilled water and I am concerned that this has diluted the coolant, which is a pre-mixed solution.

What I am wondering now is if I will have to flush the system and put totally new stuff in again?

Regards,

PG

I wouldn't worry.

The working fluid in coolant is basically water anyway; The coolant fluid provides corrosion inhibitors and stuff but unless you live in a REALLY cold country then diluting the coolant will not cause any problems.

It'll be fine until the next service I'm sure.

OK, thanks for that.

There appears to be a leak in the system at the hose leading from the engine. I presume a new clip is needed or something along those lines.

Could well be!

My old Fiesta had a terminally leaky coolant pipe; Was clipped on with some pathetic spring-clip that must have lost some of its springiness.

Pushed it further up (And lost some coolant!) and whacked on a jubilee clip for a tighter fit; That stopped it leaking! :D

When the level has dropped again, you say there's a leak, so it will, just add some undiluted antifreeze/inhibitor. Use Toyota's own assuming that's what the dealer used when the system was flushed.

When the level has dropped again, you say there's a leak, so it will, just add some undiluted antifreeze/inhibitor. Use Toyota's own assuming that's what the dealer used when the system was flushed.

Hi,

It was about three litres of this stuff used the last time it was changed: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-RED-COOLANT-ANTIFREEZE-1-L-PRE-MIXED-/251056004200?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a741a9c68

Well the best solution is to stop the leak of course ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links