Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lexus Lights Yukky Yellow Colour

dannyb999

ok, got my lexus lights today, and noticed that the plastic that houses it (not the perspex bit) is grey on the inside but along the top its a yukky yellow colour which gives the whole light a yellow border where it shows through the clear perspex. kinda hard to explain, but looks like its either gone funny in the sun or someones been smoking next to them for about a month!!!

i'm not impressed... anyone else have close up pics of what their lights are like and also anyone know how to wire up the bigger red bulb for sidelights and brake light?? theres 2 extra green wires whcih i have no idea where to put them!!

hey dan... got a close up pic for ya, i know what youre talkin about. different lexus lights often come with different coloured housing plastic. i've seen some with greyish colour and some with this dirty white/yellow colour. not much you can do about it i think unless u get it sprayed.

heres a pic of mine:

401673_45_full.jpg

as for the wireing i'd like to hook up mine too so i'd appreciate the help if anyone has done this before!!

cheers

matt

isnt that the sealing thingy, mine is grey, oh and get some silver indicator bulbs, they are 30 quid RRP, gonna get some for myself, they look better than silvertec and only 20 quid

so the lamps are in but they are not wired up? will look at mine soon, you will need to connect all the earths together, then whire up each bulb to the main wires, also you might neeed 2 extra wires going to each lamp if you are having 2 fogs and 2 reverse lights

PS nice house

mine have that yellow effect too although a bit of paint will sort it soon

how easy do u think it would be to dismantle the rear light and get the creamy section sprayed grey or silver or something?

anyone done this??

cheers

Danny

dont bother dismantling, just mask the lense, remove from car and apply paint

...theres 2 extra green wires whcih i have no idea where to put them!!

The two extra wires on each cluster, both should be green, but one will have a white stripe down it. I had some scotchlocks provided with mine to splice the wires onto their same-coloured counterparts on the original wiring loom, doubling up the brake lights. Replace the brake bulb that comes with the new clusters with a better quality one while you are at it, they are inferior & blow too soon, and you also might find the supplied indicator bulbs don't fit!

Don't know if you got all of that lot with yours like I did (including instructions in japanese - useful!), but I got mine early when everyone wanted silly money for them :arrgg-matey: !

...theres 2 extra green wires whcih i have no idea where to put them!!

The two extra wires on each cluster, both should be green, but one will have a white stripe down it. I had some scotchlocks provided with mine to splice the wires onto their same-coloured counterparts on the original wiring loom, doubling up the brake lights. Replace the brake bulb that comes with the new clusters with a better quality one while you are at it, they are inferior & blow too soon, and you also might find the supplied indicator bulbs don't fit!

Don't know if you got all of that lot with yours like I did (including instructions in japaneese - useful!), but I got mine early when everyone wanted silly money for them :arrgg-matey: !

which of the green wrires is for the stop light and which is for the tail?

the green and green/white wires are colour coded to the cars original loom

Don't know about Yaris but this is for Vitz with a different type connector to a equiv Yaris (maybe the faelift onwards use the same connector as my Vitz?)

Green- Side Light

Green/White- Brake

Red/White- Reverse

Green/Yellow- Indicator

White/Black- Earth

Al.

which of the green wrires is for the stop light and which is for the tail?

Confirmed,

Solid green = sidelights

Green+white stripe = brakelights

:thumbsup: