Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Reverse Sensor Help

RedRoss

Help, for some reason the reversing sensor has just stopped working. When i select reverse, the audible sound activates once and then nothing else happens.

Have i switched it off accidently (can you switch it off) or is the sensor f***ed??

It was working fine in the morning and then just seemed to stop in the afternoon.

Some of them have a switch in the left side boot liner. Just have a look to see if it is there (a little rocker switch).

On / Off switch on mine is where Anchorman says, but when deactivated recently by accident (almost causing me to have one....), there was only one beep instead of two when reverse selected, and even at that it was a bit fainter than the usual two beeps. Deffo sounds like an inadvertent switching off.

Big Kev

If you think you may have a faulty sensor, with the ignition and handbrake on and the engine off, engage reverse and go to the back of the car. Put your ear to each sensor in turn, they emit a feint clicking sound.

Possible faults other than a dud sensor is damage to the sensor's connector (push on it to see if the clicking returns) and damage to the wiring harness from touching the exhaust or other moving parts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links