Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello Fellow New And Not New Members :)

Lea Cunningham

Hi everybody, just joined so saying hello. I'm near Sheffield and love my Avensis Estate. I've got dogs and horses so needed a big reliable car after my 4x4 went bang. It's used as a workhorse,pulls a small trailer most days and in the 6 months I've had it I've had a few minor issues (becasue I am cursed with cars in general)..had to disconnect the alarm as my central locking was playing up and triggering the alarm all the time..figured was cheaper and easier to disconnect the alarm than get the central locking looked in to..all I have to do now is open with my key and press the central locking button inside to open all the other doors so it's ok. Had a problem with passenger front wheel, some garage thought I was a silly woman who would believe whatever they said, and wanted £250 to replace the entire brake caliper..when I knew it only needed a new pin..found a trustworthy mechanic who told me what I already knew, and he repaired it for £50, result.

Now got a man induced problem, he has lost my oil filler cap, plonker. Posted on it in forum, would like advice on if there's a generic oil cap or not.

Be great to speak to any other clued up lady Toyota owners, or anybody friendly. I'm a Toyota convert, heard nothing but good reports on their reliability and modest repair costs. My Avensis was going to be an in between car until I got another 4x4 but I'm going to keep this a lot longer than I planned, much cheaper to run and more comfortable to drive.

Hope you're all enjoying your sunny weekend :) Leah

Hello and a big welcome,Leah :thumbsup:

Never heard of a lost oil filler cap as "a man induced problem" before :D

Have you tried the auto parts shops? You can't be the first to de bereft of one.

All the best with this.

Del

Welcome to the boards. The guys at Lindop Toyota might be able to help you with your missing oil filter cap. Sounds like you're making good use of your Avensis, heh.

Hello and welcome to the TOC Leah,

Maybe try eBay for a TRD oil cap ? lol... good luck with the "Now got a man induced problem" :)

Hi Leah, Welcome most to TOC, Hope you can have a great time staying here.

Welcome to the club Leigh