Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Cuts Out When Slowing To A Halt

dollythesheep

My Avensis T-spirit 2003 2.0L semi-automatic started cutting out dead (no splutter or any engine noise) when I slow to a halt and then try to pull away again. The car will start again no problem and drives like a dream. Never happens when I first start the car and pull away, only happens when engine has been running for a bit.

This fault is intermittent but has now become more frequent in the past week.

Any ideas? :help:

Maybe the throttle body ISC valve needs a good clean out.

ISC= Idle speed control

Thanks a lot Phil01. Will check it out and report back on the thread. :cheers:

Try running with the air con on as this raises the base idle speed and may help your problem until you sort it..

Thanks Phil01. Don't need to ask me twice, it's sweltering here. Going to Toyota garage tomorrow. My portable diagnostic threw up two error codes. one for the CAT (it has three) and the other for the O2 sensor. Still think there is an underlying cause though, hence the visit tomorrow to have it checked.

• 2 weeks later...

O2 sensors and Idle valve checked out ok. Turns out Toyota have to fit a new three-way cat costing £840. OUCH!!!!!!!!!! :ffs: Thanks for the help anyway. May well have to sell this computer to pay for the damn thing. :giljotiini: