Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check Vsc / 4X4 / Engine System

Big Kev

Totally aware this has been covered before, but damned if I know how to do a bloody search on new Forum Format.

Sudden limp mode this morning, with all above warnings coming up on dash. . Have used my wee gadget and extracted fault codes P0087 (LOW FUEL RAIL PRESSURE) and also P0191 (FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR) according to the generic code listings on my wee reader.

I have not CANCELLED said codes as suggested by my reader's instruction booklet, and presume it's off to Mr.T unless you guys suggest otherwise, but does anybody think I should remove the Lindop Chip Kit and run for a wee while and see if this may be isolating one part of a fault chain....?

Thanks in anticipation, and cannot complain....first real "fault" in 2.5 years of owneringship.

Big Kev

First thought - has the fuel filter been changed ever? Is there resistance when you pump the rubber button on top of the filter?

Taking the chip kit off would remove it from the equation and any subsequent room for blame..........

I would initially try it again to see if it was a one off. I know your filter has been changed given I did it but Dave is right to suspect it, fuel starvation could throw up those faults and given it is the first thing the dealer will do, you could do it following webby's instructions. They will also want the chip off so you might as well do it.

What was you doing when it came on? That pressure only needs to fall for a second to throw up a fault so as long as it is running OK at the mo, I would monitor it.

Cheers David.....fuel filter changed not that long ago, so will check resistance of hand primer....but here's a strange one, and I like to think I invented "familiarity breeds contempt" when it comes to how we perceive our cars' performances.

I went out and cleared the codes and took it for a good skelp along some decent local A / B / Motorway roads, and it's going like the clappers agin.....it had recently seemed a wee bit reticent / sluggish, and this NOT my vivid imagination. I was kinda looking forward to its 30k service in 2.5k miles to rectify.

Pound to a pinch of salt the light(s) will come back on shortly.....!!!!

Happy Kev

Cheers David.....fuel filter changed not that long ago, so will check resistance of hand primer....but here's a strange one, and I like to think I invented "familiarity breeds contempt" when it comes to how we perceive our cars' performances.

I went out and cleared the codes and took it for a good skelp along some decent local A / B / Motorway roads, and it's going like the clappers agin.....it had recently seemed a wee bit reticent / sluggish, and this NOT my vivid imagination. I was kinda looking forward to its 30k service in 2.5k miles to rectify.

Pound to a pinch of salt the light(s) will come back on shortly.....!!!!

Happy Kev

I would initially try it again to see if it was a one off. I know your filter has been changed given I did it but Dave is right to suspect it, fuel starvation could throw up those faults and given it is the first thing the dealer will do, you could do it following webby's instructions. They will also want the chip off so you might as well do it.

What was you doing when it came on? That pressure only needs to fall for a second to throw up a fault so as long as it is running OK at the mo, I would monitor it.

Overlapped your post whilst writing to Darav, Don min.

Can you remember exactly what you were doing when it came on?

Can you remember exactly what you were doing when it came on?

Very soon after starting up.....engine as cold as this glorious weather allowed it to be......negative to zero throttle coasting to traffis lights at Gymnasium end of estate. Was not keen to restart after I switched off. Best thing you ever convinced me to buy was that wee Code Reader, considering it came out of my "dashboard fund" started to replace all the bits you had misplaced / lost / sto.....

Will obviously monitor, but methinks it just coughed and cleared its throat....going like le wind.

Well the box does "mangle" the reported rail pressure a bit.

Kingo will have sold you the cold climate version and what with reported temperatures of 27C in gGlesga, it just wouldn't cope :P.

See what happens when you let some German/English sasonack "Prince of Wales" do the weather forecast on "Reporting Scotland"???? :nono:

Well the box does "mangle" the reported rail pressure a bit.

Kingo will have sold you the cold climate version and what with reported temperatures of 27C in glesga, it just wouldn't cope :P.

See what happens when you let some German/English sasonack "Prince of Wales" do the weather forecast on "Reporting Scotland"???? :nono:

Please note Glesga has a catapult "gee" sir......

The lot from the other city on the eastern side of the central belt, might disagree? :unsure:

Very sorry it won't happen again. I expect a catapult has a lot of "g" when the elastic is released.

Yeah but it shouldn't!!!

That pressure only needs to fall for a second to throw up a fault so as long as it is running OK at the mo, I would monitor it.

Why is it that mine didn't go into limp mode? I was losing power it was that bad!

I think you may be advised to check the connections on the chip to make sure it is plugged in securely.

Dd you get the problem when you applied a bit of throttle? From my limited experience of the Lindop chip, although very reliable, it is something that is worth eliminating it (although I could replicate the limp mode 'on demand' in my case)

He can demolish the next door neighbour's wheely bin without a chip.

He can demolish the next door neighbour's wheely bin without a chip.

How do you know his neighbour's wheellie bin doesn't have a chip? I've got a chipped wheelie bin.

Not sure if it's a Kingo Chippo though...................

Not sure if it's a Kingo Chippo though...................

There are only two types of chips, one as fitted to Big Kevs and two, the type I have on chippy Friday :rolleyes:

Kingo McCain's

'walked into that didn't I?