Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Lighting Board For Cycle Carrier How?

scgf

I am getting a new Aygo Ice at the end of June and have just bought a Westfalia cycle carrier for it. It looks like I'll have to use a lighting board since I reckon the reg plate and lights will be at least partially obscured.

The problem is that although I got a wiring kit with the cycle carrier, it comes with a big black socket, designed for mounting next to a tow bar. How would I use a lighting board with an Aygo? I can't see where I could mount the socket without spoiling the rear of the car. Is there a better solution?

Cheers.

Hmmm, Because the aygo was never designed to tow anything they didnt really anticipate this sort of application/problem

My advice would be to wire in the Socket as per the wiring instructions and fit the socket to the beam under the rear bumper (under the car)

Just find something suitable to attach it to.

You may find it easier to attach the socket using two thick/strong cable ties instead of screws/bolts

This way you would have a useable socket out of view

Thank you toyboata! Excellent advice, wouldn't have thought about that solution. I'm happy again now I can see a way forward!

Just one thing. How would I get the wiring into the car? The cable for the loom I have is fairly flat - but I don't want to do anything which might let water in :-))

The problem is I have the cycle carrier and the wiring loom/socket but don't get my new Aygo until 29th June - so I can't take a look!

Cheers.

No worries :drunk:

Just one thing. How would I get the wiring into the car?

When i've done similar things on other cars theres usually a rubber grommet near by in the floor pan which you can use to pass the wires through.

Some aygos come with parking sensors so there must be some wiring route at the rear of the aygo you could use for your socket wiring.

Just have a look round once you get your new car (excellent choice btw) :clap:

If possible, could you let us know what it's like when it's on the car?

I'm kinda interested because I looking at them a year ago but couldn't find anyone who had actually had experience using one.

Ended up getting a Toyota aero Roof Rack and two cycle carriers for it.

• 5 weeks later...

I fitted the carrier to my new Aygo this morning. It was so much easier than the instructions suggested. Just four bolts into the existing mounting points on the chassis to mount the brackets. Looks really solid and obviously built for the Aygo/C1/107.

What's more, the left bracket has a mounting point for the electric socket so no messing around trying to locate it elsewhere. What a neat solution.

Have booked the car in to a trailer dealer to have the socket wired up. My Toyota dealer quoted £144 to connect my socket, the trailer dealer quoted £80. They both said I'd need an some ort of isolator fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links