Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lights Again

S2Sosmart

Looks like a stone or something has taken out 1 of my fog light glasses recently and I've no idea how to replace it. Been on fleabay & looks like I can pick a replacement up for about £28 but any advise on fitting ??

Si

PS don't mind getting my hands dirty / scraped either if that's what it's gonna take lol

Hi Si

If you look at toyota's tech doc site it shows you the installation of the fog lights which i think is the same for changing the bulb. I think its a case of removing the wheel arch covering. I think if Craig or Mark pick this one up they will have already done this

David

Ok thanks David.

Haven't had a chance to look at that font of all knowledge yet but guess that'll be my port of call later (Like when the part arrives).

Si

Looks like a stone or something has taken out 1 of my fog light glasses recently and I've no idea how to replace it. Been on fleabay & looks like I can pick a replacement up for about £28 but any advise on fitting ??

Si

PS don't mind getting my hands dirty / scraped either if that's what it's gonna take lol

Hi Si

Just had to do the same thing to the nearside fog light on My 2008 Rav 4. I was told the bumper needed to come off. When i come to fit it i found that removing the front bottom flap and partially removing the wheel arch liner gave me enough access. The fog lights are only held in with one 10mm screw on one side (the outboard side) , when this is removed the lamp housing is only held by the luggs that slide out.

I would recommend that you dont go for the cheaper chinese version lamps as these are poorer quality, try and pick up an original toyota off fleabay.

Actually it is the same part No for the IQ as the Rav4 and the lamps are Valeo (well they are on my wifes 2011 IQ2).

The original toyota OEM is £75+vat. Or try and search for the Valeo online (they are about £44).

I managed to get an original unused toyota online for a £10. Part Nos are 81210-0D041 for the offside (driver) and 81210-0D042 for the nearside (passanger).

You dont say which side has been taken out/broken but i have a spare RH (drivers) side that you could have at a reasonable price.

Regards

Dave