Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.4 D4-D Fuel Filter Replacement

gjames

how difficult is it to replace the fuel filter on a 2008 Auris 1.4 diesel D4-D and where is the filter?

If its like the 2.0 D4D it will be behind the air filter which is on the right side of the car if youe standing infront of the car.

You will need an oil filter wrench adjustable to remove it from the housing, and grip pliers the water drain cap can be tight a vice helps alot. Most difficult bit is removing the fuel hoses. Take a picture so you remember when you refit all the pipes etc.

It may be easier if you put fuel in the new filter before refitting as it helps the car to start, the filter has a housing to prime it press the black circled button a few times to pump fuel through or turn the igniton a couple of times to get the fuel to the filter. It will start up then cut off a few turns of trying to start it should get it started if not keep priming the fuel filter. Dont be trying for too long or you will damage the starter and flatten the Battery. Do it in 5-10 second intervals. Once it starts let it run for a minute or two.

Thanks for the info.

the filter is in exactly the same spot as the 2.2 and it was fairly easy to change.

However, i also carried out an oil and oil filter change. But, when i started the car (it only needed a few attempts) the engine light remains illuminated and the 'check engine' warning came on and will not go out.

what can i do and is there any way to reset this and see if it comes on again

Will disconnecting the Battery for a few hours reset the warning system?

I can bring it to a friend and get him to put it on a computer and check it out if necessary.

Engine light could be anything, but if you unplugged any wires check they are fitted back on securley and the fuel pipes to the filter.

Did you do anything with the EGR valve? Or clean the MAF sensor too much cleaning fluid can sometimes trigger engine light.

Reseting the engine lights easy disconnect Battery for a few minutes everything should reset, if it comes back on get diagnostics done.