Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ved

dee s

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-18277311

The days of having free/cheap VED for the Prius may be coming to an end

Yeah nothing lasts for ever. But if they pop ours from £0 to £50 or £100 pa, then you know that cars at £100 become £150 or £200 pa and so on. So whatever happens we'll still be better off than otherwise. I guess cars in much lower emission bands will now get the £0, £20 £50 pa instead.

As one paper said, "Today's eco car is tomorrow's gas guzzler".

Also like the way that the BBC has a picture of a gen2 (band B ) with the caption "Hybrid cars like the Toyota Prius are exempt from VED"

Gotta love the myth that hybrid vehicles are exempt from VED. :)

Anyway, when revenue streams start to dry up, the government just hikes up the prices. They don't look at cost reduction. It's a vicious circle.

It's bound to happen once cash cow revenues start to decline.

There's also talk of fuel price tax increasing way above what you would expect just to plug declining receipts gap as vehicles become more fuel efficient.

For many urban people there's a thin line between convenience of having a car and the economics of whether buses/taxis/home delivery would be more economic.

For many urban people there's a thin line between convenience of having a car and the economics of whether buses/taxis/home delivery would be more economic.

And then the Government lose even more income. How about not being greedy, though we are in a pickle at the moment.

Saying that, one of the reasons I gave up the taxi job is that you just cant make money at it - or at least not legally. Sure I could take uppers like some or work 20+ hours a day or claim sickness and still work or maybe not bother with insurance or new tyres when needed, but personally I'd rather find something else instead (though that's proving an issue).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links