Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Knocking / Rattle Noise

avensis56plate

Hi guys,

First of all an excellent thread with lots of helpful people. And now I think me have a problem with my 56plate avensis (2.2 d4d). If i try to pull away the car in first gear by just releasing the clutch or just with low revs between (under 1800) hear quite heavy knocking noise (passenger side of the engine bay) but as the revs reaches 2000 mark it disappear. Nothing in all the other gears and if the AC is running there is no knocking at all. Oh and have a new rebuild and clutch on it two months ago. Hopefully nothing serious. Anyone knows what it can be?

Hi guys,

First of all an excellent thread with lots of helpful people. And now I think me have a problem with my 56plate avensis (2.2 d4d). If i try to pull away the car in first gear by just releasing the clutch or just with low revs between (under 1800) hear quite heavy knocking noise (passenger side of the engine bay) but as the revs reaches 2000 mark it disappear. Nothing in all the other gears and if the AC is running there is no knocking at all. Oh and have a new rebuild and clutch on it two months ago. Hopefully nothing serious. Anyone knows what it can be?

Hi matey

you injectors require calibrating on the fuel stand. You have an issue with over fueling due to poor injection quality and also change an air filter (engine's) -- do not forget to inspect fine fuel filter. reegards / igor

hi

Service had been done about 2 months ago by Mr T. Do you know how much it injectors calibration will cost and where is that fine filter located.

Thanks igor.

hi

Service had been done about 2 months ago by Mr T. Do you know how much it injectors calibration will cost and where is that fine filter located.Just wondering shouldn't Mr T check when the engine rebuild was done or can it be caused by that rebuild.

Thanks igor.

hello agan

2 months have gone -- the engine lives by own life -- do not forget it. I doubts MrT has inspected injectors during those service.Re fine fuel filter --- just open an engine cover to be guided well and fins a cylinder shaped one with black flat knob on upper lid -- this one is what you need. regards / Igor

Thanks igor will look for that one and report back on the progress.

regards nav

I have a similar issue on my car mate. I read on the forum that it could be caused by the air intake pipe. There is a foam which when eroded, causes vibrations at certain revs. This might be sounds utter balls but I need to check my car. Not sure how to get into the air intake pipe and check.

thanks bigsam and igor will check in the morning

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links