Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apologies If I've Missed Any Posts About 4.1 Ravs

bothwell_buyer

I've not been on the forum for ages... so apologies if someones been looking for info etc on the 4.1s and I've not responded.

Aside of being busy with the charity, my father was needing 'nursed' since late last year and following a 6 week stay in a local hospital, came home unable to walk or do anything. he died 4 weeks ago - and I've been a bit upset just watching him get weaker each day at home (he had been staying with us for 7 years).

Slowly getting into a new routine and back driving a little.... so number 2 has had a full service as a treat for standing around.

Number 1 RAV is still in my garage untouched and waiting for me to replace the instruments before fitting new harnesses then an MOT....

And some of you will be glad to know that I am back trying new machinery for my chronic sleep apnoea, so the mid-night posts aren't likely to recommence anytime soon!

sorry to hear that Bothy

that is life but share your pain matey

:(

Mike JD had been demanding recently that you be contacted and resurrecticated, Boffs.......sorry to hear about The Da, mate....welcome back.

Big Kev

Good grief, you have had a tough time of it. My father is dying by degrees of Alzheimers so I think I have some idea of what you have been going through, and I am not surprised it has knocked you back. And sleep apnoea as well, that's no fun either.

Hope you're bearing up and soon start to feel stronger again. The forum has not been quite the same without you so it's good to have you back!

Best wishes

Maria

All the best bothy. Good to hear from you and sorry about your dad.

My sympathies on the passing of your father,Bothy.It will have left a big hole in your life.

You have been missed,matie

Del

Bothy, welcome back, I was getting concerned as I hadn’t seen you post for a while, condolences about your father and try and remember the younger model, I know it is a painful loss..

I must admit I was missing your wit and charm :D

Gus

Welcome back Ian, sorry to hear about your Dad, We had missed you, very much so.

Regards Clare

Sorry to hear your news mate. These types of things really do knock you for 6...

Take care and great to see you back..

Dave

Mike JD had been demanding recently that you be contacted and resurrecticated, Boffs.......sorry to hear about The Da, mate....welcome back.

Big Kev

ditto

Welcome back, Bothy! Terribly sorry for your loss. Your Dad was blessed to have you around to help him later in life. May we all be so lucky.

Welcome back, Bothy! Terribly sorry for your loss. Your Dad was blessed to have you around to help him later in life. May we all be so lucky.

All of your comments are very kind.

James - yes you're quite right. We now have an empty room in the house. I still have old John staying with us... he's 84 and been staying for 20 years but all he needs is fed and told to get a bath!

From your comment/post, should I reserve a room for you if you become more needy? :lol:

My mother was in a nursing home when her alzheimers was too bad, but it was so naff that we got planning permission to add an extension onto the house so she could join us. Unfortunately the process took 2 years, by which time she was too far gone so to speak. Swore I'd never put faither into a nursing home.

However I can't use him anymore as the butt of my jokes.....respect etc.

Latterly we couldn't take him for a run as the cable on his hospital style bed was too short to get him out of the house. the bed would have fitted in the back of one of our seven tonners but he either wouldn't have seen through the curtains or would have been blown away in the back of the old tipper.

Incidentally, we - the charity - have just bought a brand new 350 diesel Transit dropside. Nice to drive and it tells you when to change gears as well. 6 gears and reverse too! Never thought diesels could do that! It'll save us from having to use a second van to tow trucks backwards. And we've also just got a second electric vehicle...ok its a forklift with a stonking 10m mast or the likes.....only problem is we are looking for transport to get it the 7 miles along the M8 in Glasgow to our warehouse.... the truck is too tall for most haulage cos. So if yer coming to Glasgow soon, look out for me driving a 14 foot 6 inch high electric reach truck along the slow lane of the M8.

Nice to have you back Ian - the place is just not the same without you. Will I be able to resume my ( Glasga ) language course ( coubik? ) in the near future? ;)

My condolences, Bothy. Hope everything settles down for you now.

ATB,

Jim

All the best bothy. Good to hear from you and sorry about your dad.

Thanks once again.

I still have several tasks to do. he was buried along with the ashes of my mother in a local graveyard so I will need to arrange to get his name engraved onto the stone. As he was always one for getting the best value and longest use from something, I'm looking at getting a plastic registration plate made up and attached to the stone as the plastic will last over 1000 years so I'm told.

My fathers latter interest was in cricket but as he is buried with 60 yards of Jimmy Johnstone the Celtic Football hero, then it only seems proper to put a bright yellow plate on the green marble granite stone we have .... well the salesman told us it was green granite 5 years ago dinnyhe?

Back to normal whatever that is tomorrow after the Jubilee week off, altho I have a hospital visit to return my sleep apnoea air pump. I wonder if they can tell I used it to check the tyre pressures on number 2 RAV? Good for blowing up air mattresses I believe as well come summertime whenever that may land.

It's so good to see the bothy spirit dove starting to fly again.

All the best to you until you glide as peacefully as you can.

You seem the kind of person this land needs more of.

Del

Just picked up on this, good to see you back again and condolences for your dad.I'm going throught the mill myself at the moment

moving my father in law into very sheltered housing.Re the Jimmy Johnston thing, my brother is also buried within a throw in distance

of the little man.And he also has "legend" carved on his gravestone.

PS, passed you a couple of times recently when leaving work but you don't know my car now, so I was the haddy that was waving :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention Mr Bothy whilst you where absent, that there was a guy that was trying to give away to a good Scottish home his 3 door petrol 4.1 with 2k miles on it, serviced by Mr T every 6 months and kept in a garage - we couldnt think of anyone who would appreciate it though - not enough hinges you see. :yahoo: