Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Reservoir Loosing Water?

TSPORDIMSTER

Hi Guys,

I've only just had my car back on the road after having a new engine fitted and noticed that my water reservoir never has any water in it?

It came to my attention the other day as temp looked to be raising slightly which made me check it and noticed nothing inside so have topped up with no further issue temp wise but still no water seems to be inside.

Now i've checked for leaks but can't see any, heating working fine so what else could I check?

My last enigne head gasket went but never found out what caused it so hope theres nothing causing this one to go also

Hi,

It could be that when the new engine was refilled with water they did not bleed out the air locks properly so the reservoir was empied as the air locks cleared.

For it to happen again after you refilled it ,,, hmmm.

Perhaps try filling it again, run it up to normal temp then check all round , see if you can see any hoses leaking under pressure - wear saftey glasses etc though incase a hose suddenly comes off !

Check around the water pump for signs of a leak /dribble, engine off !

Also check the carpet by the interior heater matrix incase that has sprung a leak.

If you have a garage, leave newspaper underneath to help show if anything is dripping out.

Assume you have some warranty from the engine fitters ? they should have pressure test equipment to easily find the fault.

Thanks pal will have a look as soon as i get home and see what I find. Thanks for your help

Re the head gasket you would know if thats gone due to smoky exhaust and the presence of "mayo" under the oil filler cap. You'd normally have coolant left in the tank as well but it may be discoloured.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links