Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.4D4D Mapping/ Geering Problems

4raver

My biggest problem to date is the gearing on our new six speed Yaris 1.4D4D...it's wrong, so very wrong that Toyota need to re map the ecu to match the geering. 70 mph on the motorway in sixth gives less mpg than the same speed in fifth gear...less than 60 mpg going to France in sixth...65 mpg plus in fifth coming back...so much difference it is difficult to see why the car needs a sixth gear in the current form of Map. Has anyone else noticed a problem with this.

With the 1.4D4D MMT Yaris I briefly owned it would not change up to 6th at any speed less than 75mph. If travelling up an incline of even a small angle, forget it , no chance of 6th at any speed. It coud be manually "coaxed" into 6th at around 80mph. When I queried this with both the supplying dealer and Toyota I was advised that the ecu will decide the best gear to be in for economy. So yes, it would appear 6th gear is worthless if driving within U.K. 70mph speed limit!

I never got round to comparing mpg figures, it would have been a wasted exercise anyway as the thing mostly never achieved 6th gear. I was lucky to get mid 50s too driving as economically as possible!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links