Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Badgers E11

Steve Badger Smith

It does seem to run better than it did. still a bit lumpy when its cold and fuel consumption isnt great, probably more to do with the way ive been driving it ;-) The temp guage is still working tho, was yours?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Badger Smith

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• anagantios

the temp gauge still worked fine, but would take forever to get the engine warm.. i work 3 miles from where i live, it used to literally just hit temperature as i'd be pulling up at work or going home, it also used to become extremely temperamental when cold, would cut out/stall at least 4 times whenever the idle speed dropped below 1000

ok thank you, i will look into it

i have had a look today and there is one sensor thing down the back of the engine by the waterpump. is that it?

there are 2 near the thermostat housing too, anybody know what they are?

Mine was the top of the 2 on the thermostat housing, dead cheap to fix :) you do need to clear the fault codes after changing it or it'll act up again, quickest way I found was to take the Battery off for a few minutes :)

Ok, i will get one tomorrow if i can and see if it helps. definatly something wrong, done half a tank of fuel in 100 miles

That definitely sounds like it's the same as the problem I had, fuel consumption went from around 40mpg to 20mpg. I was getting 110 miles to 20 quid when I used to get 170/180 roughly

i hope it does the job then. i cant afford to be getting through fuel this quickly.

got one this morning and fitted it. will keep an eye on things and see if it makes any difference

It did seem to warm up quicker this morning. :D Needs a full service i think. It will help.

• 2 months later...

What size tyres are best for my 16" mim alloys? they have 185 50 16's now which touch at full lock. Also i have a set of 17" to use while the mims are being painted what size will fit without scrubbing on a 30mm lowered car?

not a clue on tyres. Did changing that sensor help you in any way at all?

• 3 months later...

Only just seen you replied, thought I set it up for email notifications. It did seem to help but the car is off the road at the mo with a bearing gone in the gearbox. Trying to find somewhere to store it while I find another car so I can make one good one out of the two. It needs quite a few bits and a respray so I thought I would be better off buying another one with good bodywork and putting all the good bits from mine onto it. Ideally a white car so I can go for the rally car graphics :D

Don't worry, i post more on a different site...

Shame for your rolla to have a knackered gearbox :(

Yea I miss it already, was only last week. Gearbox has always been noisey so I knew it would happen at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Really struggling to find somewhere reasonably priced to store it. Need it out the way, I have parking space for 2 cars and currently have 5. I might have to break it or sell it. Dont want to but running out of options. :-(

• 1 month later...

Starting to break the car now :'( Gutted but couldnt find anywhere to store it. I've put the interior up for sale, once thats gone I can strip and scrap the Shell. I wanted to keep as many of the nice bits as I can for a future project but I will see how I feel once its all done.

• 2 weeks later...