Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Verso Smoking And Lacking Power

Marcus_61

Hi,

I have a 54 plated Corolla Verso 2.0 D4D, which produces a lot of smoke on accelaration and seems to be lacking power. I have tried putting some of that expensive additive (over £20 a can) and it was better for a while, but the problem seems to be re-occuring now. The engine feels strangled. Should I try the additive again or what. No lights are appeaing from the ECU.

Hope someone can help!

The common causes are the EGR and MAF.

Clean or renew :)

In addition to Dave's points, whats the mileage? Has the car had a fuel filter recently? Full Service History?

The mileage is 135K - which everyone seems to comment on. It had been serviced regularly by a local garage not a dealer- except I skipped last service as it needed a timing belt fitting (and that was rather costly) . I don I don't think it has recently had a fuel filter fitted recently

The mileage is 135K - which everyone seems to comment on. It had been serviced regularly by a local garage not a dealer- except I skipped last service as it needed a timing belt fitting (and that was rather costly) . I don I don't think it has recently had a fuel filter fitted recently

Its a hell of a gamble to skip the `belt` service.

Sorry you misunderstand me. I had the belt changed but had no more money left to give the car a reglar service!

What are the pictures you've just sent - I can't see them

What are the pictures you've just sent - I can't see them

Not me Mark unless its my sig.