Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Rav4 Coolant Leak / Head Gasket Failure

quins

Hi,

being new on here and after fumbling my way round the site i'm wondering if anyone can help with the following.

Looks like I've got an issue on the head gasket on the wifes 2007 Rav, as i'm topping up coolant left, right and centre with no visable leaks from the rad itself. Its constantly blowing out of the overflow valve and a chat with a mechanic and looking round a few sits, means I'm pretty sure its the head gasket thats goosed.

I know a few people have had this issue fixed by Toyota under warranty and was wondering if anyones had it done in the Sheffield / S Yorks area before I start ringing round in the morning.

thanks

Can't help with a garage in your area but just take it to your nearest Toyota dealer and let them get on with it.

It's a well known issue and covered by the extended warranty. So long as your RAV has been 'reasonably maintained' and is within the seven year, 112K limits there shouldn't be a problem. If the dealer pleads ignorance or appears difficult, go to the next nearest.