Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pad Recommendation

yaris781

Hi

My brake pads (F+R) on my 4.2 D4D need replacing in the near future. I've always used main dealer parts but was now thinking of using aftermarket pads.

Is there a good quality product available that some one could recommend,or will it be better to stick to Toyota.

Also a few days ago there was a noise coming from the rear wheel. it turned out to be the backing plate had seen better days and was rubbing on the inside of the wheel. Is that something that i should get replaced.

Thanks in Advance

Ash

I fell out ma pram when Toyota refused to replace their depositing brake pads under warranty, so changed mine to Apec on the recommendation of Anchorman, and they immediately started to clean up my dirtying discs. They are proving good so far, but I am convinced that Toyota changed their material make-up, as suddenly their pads stopped shedding on to other folks' discs, and you may find them quite competitively priced versus after markets.

Big Kev

Thanks Kev

I'll get a price for aftermarket and then dealer and see if there's any difference

Thanks

Ash

I cannot comment on other Toyota models, but I have been incredibly impressed with the Toyota brake pads on my 4.2.

The brake pads seem to brake well, last forever and best of all leave almost no dust.

In addition my local dealer seems very competitive on service items and when I recently bought a new set they worked out the same price as good after market pads and work as well as the first set.

With regards to the backing plate and shim, the pads are designed to work with this so if you cannot clean it up sufficiently that it fits well, I would buy a new one. Unfortunately, I think they are only available as a complete kit for the rear pads and you may find that they are as expensive as the brake pads.

The rear callipers on 4.2 are very prone to corrosion and every two years its well worth removing the pads and cleaning everything at the same time as the brake fluid is changed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links