Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Short Stub Antenna

flyboyprowler

Has anyone fitted a short stub type antenna to the 4.3 or 4.2 RAV, and if so did it work ok? These are available on eBay from the states, at a reasonable price. :ermm:

short stub as in the same as the one that now comes on the new Ravs??? If so then yes. i simply swapped it over. unscrewed and screwed in the new one...

That's good news, thanks guys

Yes fitted the Beesting type bought from eBay to our last four cars,same one just swapped it over each time, so we can get it in the garage without it scraping along the up and over door and it works fine :thumbsup:

Yes fitted the Beesting type bought from Ebay to our last four cars,same one just swapped it over each time, so we can get it in the garage without it scraping along the up and over door and it works fine :thumbsup:

Have you by chance got a reference or supplier on e bay, a couple I tried say that the beesting is not suitable for the Mk3

Yes fitted the Beesting type bought from Ebay to our last four cars,same one just swapped it over each time, so we can get it in the garage without it scraping along the up and over door and it works fine :thumbsup:

Have you by chance got a reference or supplier on eBay, a couple I tried say that the beesting is not suitable for the Mk3

Now you are asking summat there Ainsley.

I'm afraid i can't as i bought it about 8 years ago off eBay when we had the Zafira,then it went onto the Meriva,then onto our first Rav,and now onto the current Rav,where i painted the aerial black.

It came with a kit with different thread sizes but just the one size has fitted all those cars mentioned.

Sorry.

Thanks Paul, I'm off to Road Radio today, to see what they have, but I found one on E Bay that may fit the bill. Needless to say, it's the most expensive one there!!

Any pics to see what this looks like? Is it the sharks fin type?

TIA, Steve

THIS is like the one i bought.

I have looked back and found the time i bought mine but the seller i bought from has now stopped trading.

...and here is a piccy of it on the Rav,before i got the black paint on it.

ravaerial.jpg

Yep! had the same problem with my up-and-over door. Borrowed a CRV ariel from a neighbour which was fine ( and flexible ). Have now altered the mechanism on the door and refitted the RAV original - I just think it looks right :yes:

Demon Tweeks do a range of them.

My local people at road radio won't stock these short aerials, as they say the deterioration in reception isn't worth it! So went to T's and low and behold, all the latest cars are fitted with stubby aerials!! I think £ 23 + tax. I ordered a returnable one from fleabay, and if that doesn't work then will give Mr T a go.

On an aside, fitted mudflaps to the car this weekend, and the 90 degree rear door stop, and thankfully easy peasy thanks to the forum guidance. :flowers:

I have just fitted a very short 'Bee Sting' aerial---had the garage door problem, got sick of taking aerial off. It cost £4-50 from Cargo City Ltd via Amazon. This included delivery. There is no difference in performance and it looks very smart.

My Rav came with a stub aerial - possibly fitted by the previous owner. Unsure if it's standard.

It is exactly the same as the one on my previous Civic & Jazz available from Honda