Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying An Aygo....

Mrrikki

Hi all, I am new here; I am close to buying a new car on PCP, the options are:

Toyota Aygo Fire, with AC and bluetooth in black - £125 a month 3 years

Fiat 500 Twinair - £143 a month 3 years

Skoda Citigo - £143 a month 3 and half years

I am confused as to what to do, the 500 was great fun, the Aygo was also good fun with a responsive engine at high revs and in black with tinted windows and LEDs it looked cool. The Skoda felt the best built and had a good feel / safe vibe to it.

The Aygo felt the greatest city car, I will do a 4 mile each way city commute along with a once a month 260 mile round trip, I am a little concerned on how it will be on the motorway, I did drive it on the motorway two days in a row (the dealer has been so cool letting us take the car twice for an hour!). First day I felt the wind hit it hard a bit, the second time it felt alot better.

What are people's experiences with the Aygo for the type of driving I am looking at? Thanks!

Hi all, I am new here; I am close to buying a new car on PCP, the options are:

Toyota Aygo Fire, with AC and Bluetooth in black - £125 a month 3 years

Fiat 500 Twinair - £143 a month 3 years

Skoda Citigo - £143 a month 3 and half years

I am confused as to what to do, the 500 was great fun, the Aygo was also good fun with a responsive engine at high revs and in black with tinted windows and LEDs it looked cool. The Skoda felt the best built and had a good feel / safe vibe to it.

The Aygo felt the greatest city car, I will do a 4 mile each way city commute along with a once a month 260 mile round trip, I am a little concerned on how it will be on the motorway, I did drive it on the motorway two days in a row (the dealer has been so cool letting us take the car twice for an hour!). First day I felt the wind hit it hard a bit, the second time it felt alot better.

What are people's experiences with the Aygo for the type of driving I am looking at? Thanks!

Hi there Mrrikki, I have a 2 year old Aygo Blue and i really like it, it gets good MPG (i'm averaging 60MPG after 20,000 miles) on the way to work (which is a 44 mile round trip with 10 minutes or so on the motorway) and in my opinion its fine on the motorway and really good on the 5 mile country A road :-) . A bit noisy (in general) but then i knew that when i brought it!

The bluetooth in the Blue is also really good and has made me want to get a bluetooth handsfree fitted to the wifes car!

Hopefully this is helpful.

The Motorway trip......

Our Aygos are mainly used for commuting. They were bought for the economy.

If that is what you bought your Aygo for, it is no problem.

When we are on the Motorway, we sit at 60 - 65mph on the inside lane and economy is great.

Sheffield to London & back, 66mpg.

Long trip from Brittany to Bruges, (485 miles) 68mpg.

If you want to average 70 - 75mph, the aygo will happily do it, but your economy WILL suffer.

You'll probably be into low 50s mpg.

Ian.

It's very nippy, great mpg as said and people may complain it's noisy but it isn't so obtrusive you can't think. It's lightweight, not full of soundproofing, if it was it would be heavier and not achieve such good mpg. :)

My wife loves her Aygo Go. She's a Community Nurse and smokes around town all day then at weekends drives to see her mother about 90 miles away. Average consumption is about 50mpg (that includes a lot of round town work.

Aygo's can be quite noisy on a run, but because a awful lot of the noise comes from the exhaust through the bottom of the car you can quieten it considerably by simply fitting and extra set of carpets. Make sure you go right under the front seats btw. I also fitted sound deadening panels on the outer door skin inside the doors and they made a tremendous difference.

An additional advantage is, when you shut the doors it sound's like a Golf. (Well, not really, but a does sound a lot less tinny!)

Thanks all, definitely getting a Toyota, the dealer has been head and shoulders above others.

I may though get a Yaris now and my wife may get an Aygo! Testing the Yaris 1.33 tomorrow or Monday :)

Wish they still did the 1.8 sr. That thing is quick!! Id still have an aygo over the 1.33 yaris but let us know what you think

We frequently go do a 400 mile round trim to wales in our Aygo and all be it a bit noisy, it's fantastic on motorways and back roads! Like a little go kart :) Might want to invest in some sound deadening though as they're not the quietest due to being a cheap car!! We can also go to Wales on £20ish one way and thats sitting at 65/70ish and leaving it in 5th.

Other than that, My other half uses it for Uni every day and thats 10mile round trip through morning and evening traffic and a full tank will normally last her around two weeks (thats with me using the car in the evenings)

Good morning, I bought a brand new 12 plate AYGO Ice and paid a little under 9K for it. I've since tinted the windows at a cost of £100 pounds and added the side and bumper protector to stop dings in car parks.

I only do about 2k miles a year and will give it to my eldest lad in 3 years when he turns 17.

I bought a Yaris 1.33 TR 5 door in white, Gould be here next week so hope to pick it up next Friday!

Working this weekend but going back to the Toyota dealer on Monday as we may be getting a Yaris Fire AC for my wife, so from no Toyotas to 2!

I was able to get the zero percent with the maximum deposit and even a large discount from the dealer for my Aygo and my wife's Verso 7 seater. Brilliant deals to be had at Toyota right now.

Agreed! I only looked at Mr T's website out of interest after my other half pointed to an Aygo Fire with LED lights saying someone had added them as extras, and very soon I'll be collecting a brand new black Aygo Fire A/C with just about every extra fitted that's costing me less than £2 per month on top of what I was paying for my 8 year old T-Sport Yaris.

Sad to see the T-Pot go, but 5 year warranty, 3 years 0% finance, no road tax, halving my insurance, 1 year free Club Toyota, no MOT's to worry about (not that I ever did anyway but it still cost me the test fee every year) not to mention pitiful running costs was too good to pass up :D

Yeah I got 0% finance, with my vectra as deposit paying £170 a month for my Yaris, they also gave me a £850 discount.

Road tax £70 a year cheaper, insurance £22 a month cheaper, no repair costs spent £2000 last year! MPG 3 mpg better also petrol is cheaper than diesel. Was paying £203 a month for for my vectra when it was on finance.... This car will save me money!

Deal will get better that this on the Aygo, C1, 107.. This is because the new boys on the block - vw up, mii and citigo are to be frank miles better than aygo and its siblings. These are now showing their age and a facelift does not cut the mustard. I took a VW UP for the test drive last week and it was amazing , the handling, build quality, styling were miles apart from the Aygo and the fact the they are cheaper than the Aygo will mean that Toyota will have to be offering some BIG discounts soon.

I will be changing my IQ2 for one of these next year.

If you are after an Aygo I suggest you wait a few more months and you could grab yourself a bargain.

Interesting... I'd never come across the 'Up' before so thought I would check it out. After building my own car to the same spec as the Aygo Fire A/C I've just ordered (full size wheel, alloys, rear parking sensors, mud flaps, 4 Speakers plus a whole host of other extras that are indeed 'extras' on the Up) I've come out with a car that's barely £200 less than the Aygo, but that's without Air Con. Also less power and more emissions = payable road tax! Plus the distinct lack of 0% finance offers on the Up are a turn-off as well.

I don't know about waiting a few months to grab myself a bargain - I think I just have :D

This is because the new boys on the block - vw up, mii and citigo are to be frank miles better than aygo and its siblings. These are now showing their age and a facelift does not cut the mustard.

How interesting! I have been looking round for a new small car and my baseline was a claimed 62 mpg on the comined cycle. That effectively narrowed it down to the Picanto, Hyundai i10, Aygo/C1/107 and the VW Up! and clones. The Picanto is plain nasty, the Hyundai i10 can only be described as a blue-rinse car, which left the Aygo/C1/107 and the Up!

The motoring press and just about everywhere online raves about the Up! so I was excited to book a test drive in one of the first demonstrators at my local VW dealership.

When I saw it I saw a rather drab box. It is no wonder the boot space is good because a rectangualr box holds more than something with a more interesting shape. I got inside and oh my, what a mess of a dashboard. It was like the designer had flicked lots of things at a sticky dashboard and wherever that landed they stayed. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Even where the dash meets the windscreen is pretty naff. Don't know why that made such an impression on me but it did. Then I had a drive an a variety of roads. Hmmm. OK. Nothing to write home about. The whole experience was not nice at all. I beat a hasty retreat feeling I had aged 10 years. There was no exitement, no fun, nothing. Just a feeling that what I had driven was a yawn-inducing euro-box. A thoroughly nasty little car.

Now the Aygo/C1/107! What fun! Makes me smile every time I see one. I owned a 107 when they first came out, have had two smarts since, and am now awaiting delivery of a white Ago Ice. There is no way the triplets feel or look old, least of all the Aygo - IMO the Aygo is the most contemporary looking of the three variants.

What I don't understand is that VW have had years to bring out something remarkably better than the Aygo yet they bring to market a boring box which can't even undercut the Aygo's CO2 emissions or its fuel economy - unless you buy the bluemotion variant with stop/start, eco tyres etc.. The bhp is the base model is worse than the Aygo too. What have they been doing?