Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day Running Lights For 2007 D-4D...........

glasform

I'm wanting to change my front fog lights on my 2007 2.0 D-4D TR Auris for Day Running Lights....any suggestions...I'm not sure about the legal requirement, and would like to hear from anyone on what product should or could be used if practical to do so.

You should check your legal requirements. Here you could have your front main beams turned on, and there are modules doing that at engine start with some electronics for safe reasons (low voltage and other stuff). You could dimm them or install them on your high beams but if that is the case, they should be dimmed. Some people are installing these modules on the fog light but then they should be dimmed too, and because they are too low they became unnoticable, but if you leave them undimmed it's not legal.

Thank you for your comments....and it seems complicated, but what I was going to have done (if I can get round DRL to fit in the fog light area) was, take out the fog light and safely have the wiring to the fog light disconnected, then fit the DRL's in the same space and get them connected separately as normal DRL's work .... possible or not?

I bought a set of H11 LED blubs. After that I removed my bumper and cut the wires which were routed to my low beams. I inserted some more wire in between the cutted pieces to extend the wires and make them reach my foggies. After that I routed the foggy wires to my low beam lights. They did not require to be extended, as the wires are long enough from the factory. Then just put my bumper together and everything's fine now.

When I turn ignition on, my parkers and DRLs do light up. Turn the switch to the next position, and my low beams light up and DRLs are being turned off at the same time. Turn the switch to the next position and my low beams stay on and DRLs do light up aswell. In this position it is also possible to turn high beams permanently on.

Good luck with your projects guys!

Hi,

I too spent ages thinking long and hard about how to use the front fogs as DRL'S because at present they are not needed for an MOT pass. And I just had my MOT with no problems.

So here's my project. I will probably change the halogen to H11 LED'S pretty soon for that extra bright punch, you see on the mercs and audi's.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115431&st=15&p=1050751entry1050751

Regards.

It's not complicated. The module costs around 20 paunds. For most models there are schematics on how to connect it, not complicated than the job done by Speed_Chaser and faar less comlicated than wastedagen. After connecting, than you have the option to switch it off, or to dimm the lights (20%, 30%, ... 60%, 100% (full power)). All done from the light switch. Modules have electronic safe switches, that are monitoring the voltage and do not start if your alternator does not work. They start after reaching more than 13.2v or 14.2v (I do not remember exactly) and keep monitoring this during the run. If your alternator stops working during driving, the module stops too, initiating a sound (so that you know). You have the option to connect your park light too, but as it's not requered here (and is energy wasting) I have not done this. You do not have to remove the bumper as well. You just have to plase the module someware safe in the engine bay and strap it (a place with low vibrations and no direct heat). Or with some more wire you could plase it inside the car if you wish (which I have done).

There are other, that you could plug directly into the OBD port. They are Plug & Play, but i'm not sure that they can have dimming.

You could justturn your sidelights on during the day, heypresto! DRL's

• 10 months later...