Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Postcode Search On Sat Nav With Hdd

Hoovie

Readers of this thread will either say "Ah ha!", or they will say "Duh!" I think.....

I have had my RAV4.3 2011 model for 6 months now and just TODAY I found a new option!

Usually, when putting in the address, I goto the "new destination" option and then get to put in the postcode there, and it takes the first 5 characters of the post code and you can also put in a number.

From what I have read generally about Toyota Sat Nav systems, that is about as good as it gets I thought.

But today, I noticed a 'page 2' to the Navigation page, and on page 2 there is the option to put in a post code directly AND it takes the WHOLE postcode!! And instead to taking me roughly to where I want to go, this time it took me right to the door (in this case, a rather nice hotel in Stratford upon Avon :) )

I wonder if other people with this unit have not noticed that extra page, and if on other Toyota units there is a similar ability but which have been a bit hidden away?

(in my defence, I WILL say that I have never had the manual for the Sat Nav unit, so I can't do a "RTFM" :D )

• Like 1

Not on the T & G, whilst sitting on the drive I entered my postcode on the ony screen that I can enter a postcode and it said I had to drive 0.8 miles to get to it.... :rolleyes: blooming useless for responding!

Mind you it may explain why you didnt turn up for a brew :D

Gus

Not on the T & G, whilst sitting on the drive I entered my postcode on the ony screen that I can enter a postcode and it said I had to drive 0.8 miles to get to it.... :rolleyes: blooming useless for responding!

Mind you it may explain why you didnt turn up for a brew :D

Gus

No full postcode entry on T&G !? That surprises me!

Could have done with a cuppa as well :( Got too hectic yesterday ... Took ages to park in Reading, then every shop was on a go slow when it came to getting served, and with the rain, got totally drenched as well, so in the end we just dropped my new great-nephew and his mum back to their him and then drove straight up to Stratford to get to the hotel at a decent time to check in. After 400 miles on Monday and 150 yesterday, today is a car-free zone and then it will be about 350 miles up the road tomorrow :thumbsup: