Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter

Kashp

Hi all,

Are there any instructions on how to replace the pollen filter in the IQ?

Thanks,

Kash

Glad to be of some use!

J

Don't know if these photo's will be of any use, but, having read this thread, thought I'd give it a try.

I followed the instructions and it is difficult, in that the positioning of the filter is damn awkward. Getting it out from the holder however is the easy part. Putting it back is for want of a better word/s, an exercise in doing something by feel alone. I found it awkward lining up the filter to put it back into its holder, as the top of the filter holder is the most difficult part to get to, but if I can do it... as I have mobility issues, then most of you'se should do it easy. I'm not sure I'd do it again though.

The pics are in order of appearance- The filter removed showing how thin it is and for when replacing which way up to put it. This edge faces out to the footwell. Reaching it means removing the black plastic strip -as seen earlier in the thread from the link. Second is how dirty it was. When removed from the holder there were seeds, bits of fluff, and more. Third pic shows the back, which faces the engine, with the three strips of plastic. Pic four is it's first washing, this time in Fairy LipSquid, then rinsed- pic five it was washed in washing up powder and rinsed, then last and definitely least it was washed in water with added fabric conditioner, for a nice smell. Fresh linin I think it was. Larverly! Then overnight drying in the airing cupboard -as I chose to do it later in the evening when the car use was over for the day.

Sorry, no pics of putting it back in, or taking it out for that matter. My bad. It does smell better in the car now. Shall we say that unfortunate smells disappear much quicker.

post-113536-0-55366600-1339254320_thumb.

post-113536-0-12824700-1339254332_thumb.

post-113536-0-78970900-1339254344_thumb.

post-113536-0-66469600-1339254364_thumb.

post-113536-0-27540500-1339254380_thumb.

post-113536-0-66116900-1339254392_thumb.

In case peeps are thinkong of buying a new one, my dealer has them on the counter proclaiming a special offer at £39.99. How many reams of A4 could you buy for that

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links