Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dc Sports Intake For The Iq

surfcitylocal

I had the pleasure of spending the day at DC Sports and having the prototype of their intake for the iQ installed and run on the dyno. The intake is a short ram type with super easy installation. Mine is chrome but the finished product will have a silver powdercoated finish.

Andy Tran and William Law from DC Sports did the installation. Here are some pictures and the dyno information.

The DC Sports warehouse.

DSCN2498.jpg

DSCN2501.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

DSCN2509.jpg

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2519.jpg

DSCN2520.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

Off to run the dyno tests...

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2531.jpg

DSCN2533.jpg

DSCN2534.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

The results...

DSCN2538.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

DSCN2541.jpg

It appears the intake made improvements in both horsepower and torque. I am unable to provide a "seat of the pants" review yet, I have the stock air box back in so I can have the intake powdercoated to match the soon to arrive Tanabe USA strut tower bar. Once I get the intake back in a play with it I'll let you know my impressions.

The DC Sports intake will be in production and delivered to the states soon.

Many thanks to Jimmy, Andy and William along with all the other great people at DC Sports.

Certainly a better place for the filter than standard so the intake air is as cool as possible, but it would be interesting to see the results if the bonnet, or hood, was shut during the tests which would allow a build up of hot air round the standard air filter position and possibly reduce the standard power even further.

There is also a noticeable but small increase in power and torque at town speeds (20 -30mph) which could make the car more responsive in traffic, but as the graph does not reference the power and torque to engine speed, rather than road speed, it is hard to say how the difference would be felt in practice if one has a manual box and makes full use of the gears.

John

I will be posting some pictures of my standard modified air filter box shortly it only sucks in cold air and no hot or warm air from inside the engine bay, this has been done ready for my Blitz Panel Filter soon to arrive from Japan.

But I must say that I can feel a diference in response and touque straight away with just the standard filter, so I cant wait for the performance one

I will be posting some pictures of my standard modified air filter box shortly it only sucks in cold air and no hot or warm air from inside the engine bay, this has been done ready for my Blitz Panel Filter soon to arrive from Japan.

But I must say that I can feel a diference in response and touque straight away with just the standard filter, so I cant wait for the performance one

I look forward to seeing the pics!

J

I also look forward to seeing pics.

Is it really that bad a design on the IQ that you notice a difference?

Heathie

Where are you getting the Bltz panel filter from as they always appear to be sold out. My experience with my multidrive is my K&N filter was great at 85- 112mph but i would say a hinderance at normal round town speeds. And infact i would say made standing start from a round-a-bout darn right dangerous. It would be good to see how the panel filter and cool input only works

David

They are not very good pictures im afraid.

First off you need to remove the air intake pipe at the right side of the air filter box (as your looking down at it from the top front) unclip it from the top and push it out with a flat screw driver at the bottom from the inside of the air filter box.

Now you have the plastic pipe itsself you need to cut out a piece in the middle of about 1 inch (do lots of measurements to make sure you do not cut it to short) as the spout from the top needs to face and tuck under the front of the car.

Then you need to fix the 2 halfs back together taking note the the intake pipe that went up from the bottom of the air filter box now needs to face down and the second piece with the spout needs to face the front of the car. fix the 2 parts with plastic glue and finish with silicone.

Please look at the pictures while looking at your car so you will get a better idea. Any questions then please ask.

This is a comon MOD to other cars and I have done it to a Diesel Rover 75 (as recomended by a tuning site) with fantastic results.282851_4115693896462_1818394291_n.jpg601562_4115695696507_32776237_n.jpg553448_4115696456526_1406645266_3733411_645341897_n.jpg522546_4115697136543_2050540223_n.jpg

They are not very good pictures im afraid.

First off you need to remove the air intake pipe at the right side of the air filter box (as your looking down at it from the top front) unclip it from the top and push it out with a flat screw driver at the bottom from the inside of the air filter box.

Now you have the plastic pipe itsself you need to cut out a piece in the middle of about 1 inch (do lots of measurements to make sure you do not cut it to short) as the spout from the top needs to face and tuck under the front of the car.

Then you need to fix the 2 halfs back together taking note the the intake pipe that went up from the bottom of the air filter box now needs to face down and the second piece with the spout needs to face the front of the car. fix the 2 parts with plastic glue and finish with silicone.

Please look at the pictures while looking at your car so you will get a better idea. Any questions then please ask.

This is a comon MOD to other cars and I have done it to a Diesel Rover 75 (as recomended by a tuning site) with fantastic results.282851_4115693896462_1818394291_n.jpg601562_4115695696507_32776237_n.jpg553448_4115696456526_1406645266_3733411_645341897_n.jpg522546_4115697136543_2050540223_n.jpg

Hi Tarquin,

I ordered it from the Blitz Website, yes it does say out of stock but buy it anyway, you will get a confirmation email saying that it will take a few weeks from Japan and do you still want to place the order, just say yes.

Here is a link to my web site that will have a link to Blitz

www.screamingjaps.com http://www.screamingjaps.com

I always thought the filters were different for the iQ3 but looking at the Blitz web page they look like they fit all the iQ models?

If they really do fit the 1.3 models, I'll order one too. Does anyone have a picture or the part number of the original Denso Toyota filter from a 1.0 iQ?

Craig.

I want to order one, hunting around I'm starting to think they are the same for 1.0 and 1.3 models.

Anyone fancy taking their filter out and confirming it's the same as this one, I'd be ever so happy if you did. :D

Craig.

post-116364-0-18128600-1339014001_thumb.

NO mines nothing like that!! Mines clean Ha looks the same as my 1.0

David

Yes, It's the original one and probably done 13K miles now. It is pretty grubby hence my want to replace it and if I'm replacing it I may as well use a good one that may improve performance a bit.

I'll order one up too then and they can get 2 sent over from Japan at the same time. :)

Cheers David

Craig.

Right, Job done, order placed with Blitz, Just need to wait patiently now....

Craig.

Could have been worse, at least we stayed on the topic of air filters and intakes. :)

Just had a call from Fensport / Blitz and the delivery will be delayed until the end of this month / early next month. Not a problem I said. :)

Craig.

I had a call from Blitz saying next container nor arriving for 4-5 months. So i cancelled

David

Ahhh, Well, I think he said the end of the month or beginning of next. It was on my mobile and I was a bit busy so may have been mistaken...

Oh well, I'll wait anyway. :)

Craig.

You are right. What he said was the container arriving soon is fully sold and i guess one of those is yours. I would have been on the next one in 4-5 months time

David