Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine/under Bonnet Cover Clips

BigSMan

Hi Guys,

I had my car serviced recently but I have to fit the clips in myself. I don't know where I can get the exact ones I need. I dont want to go to Toyota as they will charge £1 per clip.

Can someone give me an actual link of the clip i need. At the moment i had some other clips in place which don't really fit but it just about holds it. I need the actual clips to stop the car rattling.

I hope the red circles in the pictures help.

Many thanks.

post-102377-0-67593300-1339036715_thumb.

post-102377-0-49674500-1339036977_thumb.

What happened to the old ones, surely if the garage took them out, they should put them back?

Hello mate, I wouldn't even waste my money buying the originals from Toyota they are rubbish in my opinion as you only have put your hand on the plastic covers and the clips pop out just like the Battery cover knob which looks like it should be threaded but isn't!

I've been looking at these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415f72d3e4 the hole size looks ok too and at £2.70 for 10 including delivery I think I will send for some.

Pete.

as said above, if you can, go back to the dealer to sort it out, they should give you the clips for free

If you are getting the same rattling noise as with me, I would suggest that the clips holding the heat shield underneath the bonnet be checked. Mine had worked loose such that at idle, the shield was rattling against the plastic cover you have shown and be pressing the bonnet down slightly would stop the noise

Hey guys,

The place I went to didnt have the clips at the garage to put them back in, so i went out and bought some off eBay. They weren't the correct size though.

Many thanks for the replies, i shall buy these clips and hopefully they'll fit :)

any update on this thread as I need quite a few of these myself as most of mine are missing from the engine covers and splash guards underneath the engine