Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stiff Clutch & Clutch Position

Denise from Kent

Hi. I have test driven 2 diesel urban cruisers, both about 12000 miles and I love them. But the clutch is extremely stiff and the clutch pedal seems to rest at the top of my boots, in a normal driving which isn't comfortable. I am only small, has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Denise

Hi Denise, Welcome to TOC. I have 2 U/C,s ( petrol and diesel), the diesel version which I drive the most is as sweet as a nut, not problem at all with the Clutch.The petrol version now thats a different kettle of fish,no problem with clutch but i do for some reason tend to ride it if I,m not careful. Which versions did you drive? Toyota especially with the Rav4 are known for a notchy gearbox, but not so much the clutch.

Did you check your seating postion, in my opnion that makes a lot of difference to ones driving style HTH

Regards Clare

Hi Clare. I test drove 2 diesel versions, a 59 plate and a 10 plate. Even the clutch on a brand new diesel rav 4 was lighter. I altered my seating position and just could find a comfortable position to rest my foot on the clutch pedal, even thought about building the floor height up with several floor mats. I am so disappointed, I had read that it had a light clutch, and the test drive was a real pleasure it had so much power, it was brilliant. Denise.

So are we up for one then?

Regards Clare