Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just A Thought

Manxrav

Being a TOC stalwart,I go on most of the different section on the site.I was on the iQ one the other day and am following the Haolebuild thread, and was amazed to read that Scion are dropping the Xd from their range in 2013. So I did a bit of Googling and found out that sales have fallen massively over the last 3 years.

2013 is when I think a new model ist- Urbancruiser-Xd is due to be launched so I am wondering if Toyota Uk will delist from their range of models.I don,t think the UK sales of the U/C are very good, be it it,s a niche market plus the fact that it is slightly overpriced for what you get ( I have never bought a new one always a dealer demo).

I have mailed Toyota UK to ask them the low down but don,t expect a reply. We shall see, I hope they don,t stop bringing it in. It,s the perfect small and cheap to run AWD car

Regards Clare

I would imagine that Toyota and the others will be watching to see how the Vauxhall Mokka sells. Prices have been released and it starts at £16995 for the 1.6 petrol (£500 more than the UC). The cheapest 4 wheel drive diesel is £20990, £2465 more than the diesel UC!

All of the sudden the UC looks good value :lol:

Exactly my feelings Bryan, makes the U/C a bargain buy. Plus it will last a lot longer than the Mokka!!!

Regards Clare

• 3 weeks later...

As a small hatch it's pricey for what you get at least in terms of equipment, one power socket is a bit mean and the ever so keen to please intermitant wipe needs a cup of coco and a chill pill or they could fit a variable one for a few pence. As a four wheel drive it's not a bad price at all setting aside the need for four wheel drive that is.

One of the great things about this car is it drives like a sharp (ish) hot hatch and goes through twisty bits without getting you in to trouble. Yet it's an economical four wheel drive!!! Once you get used to your 90bhp (I came down from 170) the engine feels fine too. Insurance was £100 cheaper for me and low road tax and good fuel economy means you have more cash left over for other things.

I would love Toyota just to tweak things a little just as other owners have mentioned, a few more cheap to fit extras like a power socket in the boot, arm rest, twin reverse lights, a real horn, variable intermitant wipe, more colour choice and cruise control (not fitted mine yet). The icing on the cake would be a 1.6 120bhp diesel option that would make this an unbelievable little motor.

Steve, the 1.6 diesel could become a reality, when the BMW engines come into being with Toyota.Not long now I believe it is appearing in the New Auris first.

Regards Clare